Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Underwear Post (I'm bored, sorry)

"Thongs are like a SuperHighway to a Yeast Infection" 

yeah.

One of you posted something very close to this sentence a long long time ago.....   and for some reason it went through my head this week.  (everything is healthy, nothing yukky going on)

LOL

That's all I got.  I might delete this if I decide its too much.  :)

I prefer thongs, just because I carry my weight in my hips/thighs/butt and when I gain weight my regular underwear just starts acting like thongs anyway (and heaven forbid I just buy a larger size underwear).  Thongs....  G-strings....  what's the difference?  Are they the same thing?

Sorry folks, I must not feel like working today.

Re: Underwear Post (I'm bored, sorry)

• and since I am posting about underwear...

a VS underwear vent.  Some of their underwear is fab - and others just fit so horribly.  Do I really want lacy underwear with the lining that is tacked with one single stitch in the front, the back, and each side?  That lining doesn't stay all nice and comfortable, it actually fits stupidly and I have like five pairs that I do not ever wear.

How about if you attached it at the sides, instead of having it form a truly uncomfortable single strip?

:)

um, yeah.

• Hahaha....this is amusing me! 
    ~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • lol.  thongs have a bit more coverage than a g-string, which is more like a string in your butt.  i prefer thongs...hanky pankys to be exact.

thong:

g-string:

Women's G-String by Teensy Weensy

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • image snowflake54:

and since I am posting about underwear...

a VS underwear vent.  Some of their underwear is fab - and others just fit so horribly.  Do I really want lacy underwear with the lining that is tacked with one single stitch in the front, the back, and each side?  That lining doesn't stay all nice and comfortable, it actually fits stupidly and I have like five pairs that I do not ever wear.

How about if you attached it at the sides, instead of having it form a truly uncomfortable single strip?

:)

um, yeah.

you should really try hanky panky...they are the best undies hands down...i only wear hankys now...so freaking comfortable!

www.hankypanky.com

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I was just thinking this morning (while driving a friend to the airport at 4am)about writing an underwear post.  My problem is this: when i step into the car wearing boyshort-ish underwear it both causes a wedgie and falls down.  It must be the twist-lower-stretch of the manuever that does it, because it doesn't happen any other time.
    EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • hahaha, I love TMI posts

I call a Gstring a thong.... it's just a thin thong. Gstring sounds so naughty. I prefer the thin thongs b/c I don't have a 1" wide buttcrack. It feels weird to have more material in there. I like DKNY low rise. Hanky Panky's aren't bad, but I like DKNY better.

On a funny note, I went to a snowy winter cabin and was dressed warmly. Brrr, my cheeks were freezing. Now, I know that there is a time and a place for big cheek-covering undies. Those are okay, too.

The boy shorts craze never caught on with me. One - I don't look like a boy. They accentuated the fat part of my thigh that little boys don't have. When I wore them under clothes, I felt like they were riding up my boohiney. Do people really wear them under jeans?! Are they just to be worn with a cami around the house (like PJs)?

Newlyweds since 2007
  • Boyshorts look truly horrible on me, but these aren't really boyshorts, just something similar in shape... i don't know the name, so i improvised : )
    EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • You and I must have simular butts, as I can only wear thongs/g strings because "normal" undies go straight up my butt.  I have a few pairs of boy shorts that I wear but not that offen.

• As a certified thong hater, hanky panky's have made me a bit of a convert.  They are the only ones I've worn where I truly forgot I had them on.  They are that comfy!  And I normally despise the butt floss feeling...

Boyshorts are usually not that flattering, but I have a few pairs that are totally cute fabrics and comfy.  They usually end up being my "sweatpant" undies to make myself feel better for wearing sweatpants around the house...hey!  At least I have cute panties on!

Oh undies, so much thought into something few people see. 

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I can claim responsibility for the superhighway quote. My doc told me that and ever since that mental image is burned in my brain. I can't do the thong or g-string?feels like a perma wedgie to me. I have a couple of boy short pairs but can only wear them with skirts?the extra crotch fabric just feels so... bunchy. But they do look cute. :)
  • I can't do thongs either. Hate that feeling . I don't wear underwear when I workout either, so much nicer to not have to keep digging to get your underweard out of your crack.

• I also can't do thongs as an everyday underwear.  I'll wear them with certain pants or dresses for no VPL though. 

Here's a quick story about underwear.  DH and I were on our way to Spokane to visit his parents for the weekend.  We left around 6 from here.  Of course about in Ellensburg, I remember that I didn't pack any underwear for the weekend.  Great!  We got into Spokane around 11 or a little there after. We went all over on Division (if you know Spokane) looking for places that were open and would carry underoos!  Walmart, nope, closed.  Rite Aid carries underwear.  Who would have thought?  Word to the wise, look carefully at the size.  I saw the numbers 6-8 and thought "Perfect." Nope!  Those were some extra large underwear!  Those are now in the very bottom of the drawer!

• I love the fact that a post about underwear has gotten more responses than most other recent posts on this board!! Smile
    ~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Im pretty much a thong every day type of person. It took me a while to get used to them but now they are all I wear. I think its just easier so I never have to worry about which ones i put on and then worry about panty lines in whatever clothes I wear that day. I've really become a fan of the victorias secret thongs that have the wide lace band, they dont leave a line or anything where the band sits (if that makes sense lol)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket Even babies love the hounds
  • I wonder where that doctor get his medical license. Yeast infections are not caused by the shape of a woman's underwear. Yeast is a fungus.
    Newlyweds since 2007
  • image Surfinbride:
    I wonder where that doctor get his medical license. Yeast infections are not caused by the shape of a woman's underwear. Yeast is a fungus.

This one is spot on though - to be technical...thongs usually don't have a cotton crotch which allows you to "breathe" to help cut yeast infections, and more importantly bacteria that travels the, ahem, superhighway, also changes the balance of the area, also affecting the yeast production. 

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • excuse my typo

get = got

Never had a problem with my superhighway - must be the cranberry juice that I put in my vodka Smile.

DKNY has cotton in the special spot.

Newlyweds since 2007
  • I actually prefer to wear no underwear, but since it's easier and cheaper to wash 10 pair of underwear than 10 pair of jeans, I make the sacrifice. I prefer to wear thongs. Since panties always end up in my crack I figure it's less uncomfortable to have just a string there rather than a big clump of cotton. And I haven't had more yeast infections than the average panty wearer.

This Christmas DH and I are spending with my family at my parents house. I always feel like I have forgotten something when I travel, and this time was no exception. It took a whole day on the road, but I finally figured out what it was.

I forgot to pack any underwear for this trip.

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/mmbdis.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/t6xkxy.jpg[/IMG]
  • image Surfinbride:

DKNY has cotton in the special spot.

LMAO @ the special spot!

I've worn thongs for many years and never had a problem. My special spot is cleaner than most, maybe?? Stick out tongue

I wear briefs and bikinis and boy shorts too. I'm an equal opportunity panty-wearer.