Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Going to winter olympics?

If yes, what are you going to see? Where are you staying? Do you have plans for other activities in the area?

I can't believe it is coming up so quickly!

Newlyweds since 2007

Re: Going to winter olympics?

• We usually go up to Whistler every year around that time anyway, but we had changed our plans this year to go earlier.  BUT...a friend got ahold of us and he has room in his condo.  We might head up and risk the crowds for a couple of days and catch whatever events we can.

I'm worried about the crowds, so I'll be bringing extra food to the condo so if restaurants are insane we can eat in.  I love Whistler, and I can't ski this year anyway, so watching the events might be a good tradeoff!

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hi. Just chiming in to say hubby and I went to Whistler this summer and our trek guide said it's probably going to be good snowboarding during the Olympics because most people are probably going to be at Olympics rather than at Whistler.

I also suggest bringing food with you if like DH and I, just can't stand eating out for 2-3 times a day. 

We stayed at the Pan Pacific hotel and it was great because it had a cute little dining room and a kitchen where you can cook and stuff. They even provided things like pyrex, pots, a kettle, pans and other utensils for cooking, even plates, glasses and silverwares. 

Have fun!