Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Poll inspired by HW's confession

Do you tell your S/O or H where you are at all times?

Have you ever lied or shaded the truth as to where u are/where when going out drinking, partying with the girls etc?

Why or Why not?

any special stories or incidents write here:

Re: Poll inspired by HW's confession

• Do you tell your S/O or H where you are at all times? Pretty much all the time except for yesterday. Back story: please see below in the "any special stories or incidents" section.

Have you ever lied or shaded the truth as to where u are/where when going out drinking, partying with the girls etc? Maybe, but nothing comes to mind. He's really good with letting me go out and go places. And I'm just too honest. I always tell him if I go to lunch with my old CW's (3 other guys).

Why or Why not? I always tell him where I'm at cause it's just easier. And really, I don't ho anywhere that I need to be lying about anyway.

any special stories or incidents write here: On Monday I left the cash at home that DH told me to use for Christmas shopping. So it was a big inconvenience because he had to go home, get the money and then meet me at Toys R Us after work with the money instead of me just going during my lunch break. Then yesterday, I needed to return one of our son's gifts during lunch but here I left my effing wallet at home. I called my H to tell him I left my wallet at home and he started biitching at me cause I forgot it and how I always forget everything and that I'm always so careless. I had a mini breakdown in work and so my CW took me out for a few drinks.

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt116b04.aspx[/img][/url]
  • And really, I don't ho anywhere that I need to be lying about anyway.

Yeah, I def meant "go" and not "ho" above. :)

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt116b04.aspx[/img][/url]
  • image Jennyinheaven:

Do you tell your S/O or H where you are at all times?  Like ask permission?  No.  But I think it is sort of common courtesy in a marriage to let your spouse know what you are doing.

Have you ever lied or shaded the truth as to where u are/where when going out drinking, partying with the girls etc?  No. 

Why or Why not? Because there was just never a need to.  Neither one of us wigs out if the other is somewhere.  We don't keep tabs on each other.  The idea of either one of us "letting" the other go out is ridiculous to me. 

Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • Do you tell your S/O or H where you are at all times? Yep

Have you ever lied or shaded the truth as to where u are/where when going out drinking, partying with the girls etc? The only time I've done that is sometimes with his family.  Like on Christmas Eve, I work til about 1:30/2pm.  He wants me to fly to his dad's house from there, where they're waiting for me.  Well, then what happens is I go straight there, am stuck there til Church time, then we do more family stuff after Church- so by the end of the day I'm exhausted and frustrated, because I just ran all day, while everyone else got to sleep in, enjoy Christmas Eve, etc. So last year (and probably tomorrow too) I decided to go home first, unwind for 15 mins, then go over.  So basically I lied that they kept us at work later than normal.  I also will shade the truth when his mom calls- he'll be like 'why didn't you pick up?' (I let machine get it), and I'll be like 'oh I was walking the dog' or 'I was in the bathroom'

Why or Why not? Mostly avoidance/need for 'me' time.

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/358vw3t.jpg[/IMG]
    Aisling Rose 8/8/10
    Declan James 9/18/12
  • I need to add that I 100% agree with Amy#.  I mean, I tell DH when I'm going out with friends or doing whatever, and he tells me, but there's no 'Oh please can I?'
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/358vw3t.jpg[/IMG]
    Aisling Rose 8/8/10
    Declan James 9/18/12
  • Amy, if that was directed toward me...

I probably just worded it wrong. I didn't mean "let" me go out as in he gives me permission or I have to get permission from him. I meant it like he lets me do or go whatever I want and isn't crazy about drilling me for questions and things like that. He's really easy going with stuff like that.

I have friends who have a relationship like that and it blows my mind how they both have to get each other's permission to do even the simplest of things.

• image HeatherWain:

Amy, if that was directed toward me...

I probably just worded it wrong. I didn't mean "let" me go out as in he gives me permission or I have to get permission from him. I meant it like he lets me do or go whatever I want and isn't crazy about drilling me for questions and things like that. He's really easy going with stuff like that.

I have friends who have a relationship like that and it blows my mind how they both have to get each other's permission to do even the simplest of things.

Definitely not!  I actually didn't read your post until after I responded.

Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • Do you tell your S/O or H where you are at all times? Pretty much if not is is only because i ended up somwhere without talking to him first, but he can get me on the cell phone or whatever if he needs me

Have you ever lied or shaded the truth as to where u are/where when going out drinking, partying with the girls etc? not that I can remember - like pp he is fine with me doing whatever. we usually have the courtesey of saying things to each other like "i want to go dinner w/the ladies tuesday do we have any plans" or he will ask me about my car which he likes to drive better, but will take his own if I need mine that night.

Why or Why not?why not because I wouldn't marry someone who I had to lie to to get some personal time

• Do you tell your S/O or H where you are at all times? Yes, for the most part. He's not the type to get worried very quickly and send out a search party.

Have you ever lied or shaded the truth as to where u are/where when going out drinking, partying with the girls etc? No.  I do fib when I have stopped at the Beer Yard I am making a surprise beer purchase for him/us. 

Why or Why not? Life is so much easier when you tell the truth.

any special stories or incidents write here: Last year, Meldot's Moving to LA GTG was held at Bob and Barbara's. eSyn and I went and then I came home later that evening.  It wasn't until a week later when I was talking about B&B's and the mr said..."Wait, you were at a bar? I didn't know that.  I though Bob and Barbara were real people you and eSyn were meeting up with."

• Do you tell your S/O or H where you are at all times? No, only because DH works till 8pm and often doesn't have time to look at his phone at work.  So usually I'll forget to remind him that I'm going somewhere after work and usually I'll wait until after 8pm to shoot him a text or call and let him know where I am.  I am also notorious for saying I'll be home at 9pm and then I'm way later. 

Have you ever lied or shaded the truth as to where u are/where when going out drinking, partying with the girls etc? Nah, DH is really easy going about me going out with friends.

Why or Why not? I just don't need to lie about it.

any special stories or incidents write here: DH and I did get in a fight the other night and I left with a big FU and I told him I was going to park my car under 95.  I ended up driving to Old Navy and walked around for a while and then DH texted me he was worried I wasn't home yet.  So I took my good ole time parking and walking out of spite. 
  • the only reason I "ask" , if ever, is to be sure that he hasn't booked us for a different outing.

otherwise, i'm all "yeah, going out. later." , or else "wanna come?"

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!
  • image Jennyinheaven:

Do you tell your S/O or H where you are at all times?-No, nor does my H even care where I am half the time anyways. Usually when I go out he knows and again doesn't care so sometimes I even wonder what the point of tell him is, but I will continue any how.

Have you ever lied or shaded the truth as to where u are/where when going out drinking, partying with the girls etc?- Yup. Since we have been dating since I was like 5, I have definitely lied to him in the past about going out and who I was hanging out with but since the end of my college years that has not occurred, and here we are back to question one.

Why or Why not?- See above

any special stories or incidents write here:- Oh, I forgot about this one. I often lie about working or doing something in order to avoid his family. I have also been at a family function, faked a phone call, told H I had to go into work and hit the bar down the street (but of course parked the car around back). It sounds horrible but until you have met some of them you would not understand.

• ditto rum. I ask, but just out of courtesy and because I need to make sure he can watch our son and if there is anything else going on. I can't just get up and peace out so I try to give him a heads up if I can.
  • Do you tell your S/O or H where you are at all times? I don't call to report my every movement, but I also don't intentionally not tell him where I am. I also do the courtesy asking/informing if I'm making plans.

Have you ever lied or shaded the truth as to where u are/where when going out drinking, partying with the girls etc? Not that I can recall.

Why or Why not? Like others said, no need to. And I expect the same courtesy in return.

any special stories or incidents write here: I have IBS, so I have absolutely used that as an excuse to avoid dinner with his family. We see them regularly, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for their brand of crazy.