Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Good Morning Smoking Hot Nesties

It's Tuesday, yay for Tuesday!  (or something)

So you know how we were posting a while ago about the bikini barista stands?  I've found a new way to drive to work, faster and less traffic, and it takes me past a bikini barista stand.  Fine, no problem, I think bikini barista stands are okay as long as there are no adult activities involved and as long as you cannot see them from the road.  Yesterday I left for work, and it was a feeling fat kind of day.  I just felt blah and icky....  and then I drove past the espresso stand and saw some chick in a little bikini.  Great, just what I need on my low self-esteem days.   :)

Avila - how was the anniversary?

Jehan - I am super jealous of the London trip!  Are you joining your hubby for the entire 3 weeks?

Fitz - get the prescription, UTI's are the worst  (of course maybe it's gone away by now)

TwistedFirestarter - I would be a mess with all that home stuff, how are you holding up?

Husky - Lamb?  That sounds so grown up   :)

Bettylou - enjoy your break, when do you start back up again?

Re: Good Morning Smoking Hot Nesties

• Good morning! If I stay on track today and finish up what I have planned at work I am taking tomorrow off, woohoooo!

LOL Snowflake, she may be skinny, but she has to work at a bikini barista stand. I've worked a lot of various cocktailing/bar jobs, some sleazier than others (ie a 'cowboy' bar where we had to wear crop tops and shorts and boots, and dance...omg.. yeah I didn't last long) and honestly its just not fun. At least I don't enjoy being made to feel cheap.

• Oy, I just know that if I worked there I would have scars from spilling hot coffee on myself!

I've been missing the morning checkin because I've been going to work early, but I took today off.  Yay!  Of course, it's me, so that means I'm still going in to work, but hopefully only for an hour or two. 

My big goal today is to buy the last two presents on my list.  I'm crossing my fingers that inspiration will strike at some point...

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our anniversary was very nice!  We don't normally spend any time in Bellevue, so we didn't know that the restaurant we were going to was in the middle of "Snowflake Lane"...and that we were arriving just as their little show was starting.  So traffic was a pain. 

But we actually used a gift card to the Palomino that someone had given us as a wedding present...thank goodness it was still good!  My favorite part of the meal was definitely the king crab and artichoke dip...so good!

Dinner took so long that we ran out of time for the Botanic Gardens.  But that's okay....we still had a good time.  Smile

~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • tuesday...woohooo...only 1.5 more days of work!!!

i rode my bike yesterday instead of walking...i forgot how much i LOVE riding my bike...it's make a gross work day an awesome day :)

i had a yummy smoothie this morning...well it's the same one i always make but you know when it's the perfect consistency...that was mine this morning...mmm.

snowflake...i totally know what you mean about a blow to the self esteem...try walking around in waikiki where clothes are optional :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Good morning!  Yeah, every time I think about bikini baristas, I think about boiling water and hot coffee + exposed skin...  I wouldn't last a day :)

Yep, I'm taking the whole trip with DH, but it does look like he will be doing a lot of traveling while he's there, so it may just be me and London!  I will for sure go with him to Scotland for a couple days when business takes him there, but I will probably give the others a miss and stay in London.  Providing the company rents the flat/apartment they are supposed to!  This company is so last minute on stuff, it drives me batty.

• Snowflake, that is pretty funny. I saw a segment on the news about the bikini baristas the other day and the girl did have a smokin hot bod. I can see the appeal. But yeah, me naked and boiling liquids are probably not a good combo.

So I think my body is naturally fighting the UTI, thank god! I had some urinary pain relief pills that I took yesterday and today it's barely hurting?mostly just in my lower back. This morning I had the wonderful boob smush treatment (mammogram) which was just a follow up to a benign biopsy I had in 08. Everything was fine and now I don't have to get another one until I'm 40. whew!

Murray (our dog) got bit by our friend's dog yesterday so we're going to take him to the vet today to make sure he doesn't need any meds. It's not bad, just want to make sure he doesn't need an antibiotic. I didn't even think she bit him, just slobbered on him, but I found blood on his neck last night and he was acting weird all last night. Much better today.

whew, that was long! the coffee must be kicking in... 

• I think we should have a GTG at a bikini barista stand. We should all drive-thru convoy style, each wearing a bikini.

Sorry, girls, I misinterpreted the sign.

I feel badly for them. It does not seem safe to be alone in a booth, much less wearing lingerie.

I need to get motivated and get off of the nest. I still have no idea what to get my H for Christmas. My day today isn't too exciting. No work. Errands, cleaning, online bill paying and shopping. I'm hoping to go late night shopping... once the stroller people go home.

Newlyweds since 2007
  • image Surfinbride:

I'm hoping to go late night shopping... once the stroller people go home.

lmao!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • image snowflake54:

TwistedFirestarter - I would be a mess with all that home stuff, how are you holding up?

I oscillate between hope and despair on a daily basis. I know more about housing construction, beam deflection, foundation rebar, and water intrusion than I ever wanted. I have been at home today as more measurements and holes have been cut to inspect the framing. Tomorrow will be the one year anniversary of our house getting destroyed and still we have no end in sight.

To top it off, we tried to schedule mediation in February and their lawyer said it doesn't work out for his clients since they will be in Hawaii for a month on vacation. Gee, I'd like to go on vacation in Hawaii for a month but all my money is being spent on a lawyer.

I'm not bitter or anything. Angry

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image husky422:

tuesday...woohooo...only 1.5 more days of work!!!

i rode my bike yesterday instead of walking...i forgot how much i LOVE riding my bike...it's make a gross work day an awesome day :)

i had a yummy smoothie this morning...well it's the same one i always make but you know when it's the perfect consistency...that was mine this morning...mmm.

snowflake...i totally know what you mean about a blow to the self esteem...try walking around in waikiki where clothes are optional :)

Can I have your life please?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker