Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

~~~Alisha~~~

so what's the story with your Mom?  Is this move a good thing (for you) or a not-so-good thing?

Re: ~~~Alisha~~~

• Um...both???

She's in a really bad spot financially and she's miserable. The only way out of it I can see is if she sells the house and moves in with me. Its definitely not my ideal, I'd happily live alone forever, but it seems to be the only answer and I can't take seeing my mom so miserable.

So its definitely a sort of OMG what am I doing? freak out kind of thing, but its good in that its helping my mommy.

• omg... i obviously missed something. your mom is going to move in with you?? what about her pups? i assume they are coming too?
    image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • Yeah...dogs too. She cried about needing to find them new homes. What?? Like I'd not take in more dogs?

She's just really bad off financially PV, and its the only solution I can come up with.

• When is this going to happen? And for how long? And will Daisy do okay?
    image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • It'll take a while for her to sell her house, so not immediately. And Daisy will have to do okay. She should be fine with my mom's dogs anyway, but if she's nasty, she's going to lose privileges.

• Wow, yeah, that is going to be an adjustment....  but very very cool, and wonderful, that you are able to help your mom out like that.  Does she already live near you, or will this put her in a completely different area then she is used to?

• Yeah a little overwhelming, but I'm feeling better about it today. We can make it work and make it fun. :)

She lives in Phoenix currently, so yeah, a big change for her!