Family Matters
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Sister-in-law problems... sigh...

13»

Re: Sister-in-law problems... sigh...

• image jquirke9881:

This was the longest post I have ever read.

I can't really say anything that has not already been said.  I hope you take a really good look at the feedback you have received here.  You are not blameless and you have a lot of growing up to do.  Your SIL does sound like a nightmare, but if you don't have to see or talk to her aall the time, then just bear with it for the times you do for the sake of YH;s family.  Be the better person here.

I'm going to take the easy way out here and just say, "ditto." As well as agreeing with the commenter who said that you're a lot more like your SIL than you think (or want to admit, I'm going to bet).

There's just one major difference here: you asked us for insight. So take that insight and use it, and maybe things will change. Good luck!

• image SchuylerJane:

Wow!  I really don't know what else to say about what you posted at me.  I came looking for advice and (in a long I know, I apologized about it) a backstory as to why I was looking for advice and I am judged, found guilty and hung for my crimes.

It's hard to get over something when your only encounters with said person have been them screwing you over and being rude to you.  Maybe I should have just left it at that as there is no real way for me to 'explain' how she said something or describe the flailing arms when she said something, or how she stormed out of a building because of something.

Sounds like you (and some others) need to grow a heart and stop reading what they want to hear and instead listen to what the person is asking.

And you don't understand why the consensus is that you're an overly emotional drama queen? 

• image mrstarawalsh:
    image Blackwidow13:
    image mrstarawalsh:
    image Blackwidow13:
    image mrstarawalsh:
    Drama queens, the both of you. Get the hell over it. Seriously, it's been like 5 months. You're going to have to deal with this woman for the rest of your life if you stay married to her brother. So just get over it and quit acting petty over something that was really not that important to begin with.
    Is that your husband or dad in that picture? Because if it's your husband he looks like that kids grandpa.  He's old.
    And this question is relevent because....?
    I want to know.  Is that a problem?  Or do you not want to answer my question?
    Again, your question is irrelevent. It's not that I don't want to answer your question, it's that if you simply clicked on the link to my profile you'd have your answer. Do you not think I already know that man looks like my son's grandfather? Do you think pointing such a fact out is the first time it's been brought to my attention? Or do you always speak before thinking?

I don't think your DH looks old!  I think some people (cough cough beebee blackwidow) don't realize that no hair =/= old.

My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • image blackfire5th:

I don't think your DH looks old!  I think some people (cough cough beebee blackwidow) don't realize that no hair =/= old.

LOL Well thank you. When he's nicely dressed, groomed, and got some color in the hair he has I don't think he looks that old either. But to be honest he is. We got the freakin' AARP calling our house now for pity's sake.

Mimi to May Babies: William Gabriel Martin '07, Morgan Ana Terese '10
    [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/1z5lzrs.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://sedf.lilyslim.com/Npc2m8.png?4FFbS3Lm[/IMG]
  • image Blackwidow13:
    You are a liar!  You don't think he looks old, you're crazy.  How do I get the beebee status?  I didn't say anything about you don't know me.  You obviously don't know the meaning of a beebee.  I'm not talking about him not having any hair, look at his face, jackazz.

Seriously DO you think before you speak?

• My guess is that his age is about the same as your IQ!

• image Blackwidow13:
    You are a liar!  You don't think he looks old, you're crazy.  How do I get the beebee status?  I didn't say anything about you don't know me.  You obviously don't know the meaning of a beebee.  I'm not talking about him not having any hair, look at his face, jackazz.

This is my favorite!  Irony!

My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • image blackfire5th:

image Blackwidow13:

This is my favorite!  Irony!

You're so very welcome!
  • I'm sorry,but I just came from being in a wedding like this.  Yes, she sounds like a real PITA, but honestly?  So do you.  I think you did what you said in your first post and not in the 64 revisions.  You told her what shoes, to get her hair done her jewelry, etc., and she didn't toe the line.  How dare she.  I admit she responded childishly, but you sound like a bridezilla who months later can't let it go.  A nickel says you're young too.
    Seriously, people. If your faith in humanity is destroyed because your parents told you there was a Santa Claus and as it turns out there is no Santa Claus, you are an ignorant, hypersensitive cry baby with absolutely zero perspective. - UnderwaterRhymes
  • image Blackwidow13:
    image mrstarawalsh:
    image blackfire5th:

LOL Well thank you. When he's nicely dressed, groomed, and got some color in the hair he has I don't think he looks that old either. But to be honest he is. We got the freakin' AARP calling our house now for pity's sake.

LOL, color in his hair....what hair?  He doesn't have any hair.
    HIs beard you rude twat. And it's none of your buisiness how old he is or how much older he is than me.
  • image casmgn:
    I think that you and your SIL are more similar than you would like to admit.
  • It was your wedding, hence, your business to tell her (and any of your BMs) what you wanted them to look like for it, so I don't blame you!   Especially since she sounds like a TOTAL PSYCHOTIC TRAINWRECK of a human being!  I am married and have been in 3 weddings and I just went along with the brides requests b/c that is what a supportive BM does!

If I were you, I would have to confront her.  Have a "come to Jesus" meeting with that psycho (and include your husband and MIL if you have too!  especially since this SIL sounds like she would twist your words and make things seem like they are your fault).   Next time she throws a tantrum just say "look, you are 31 years old and you need to start acting like it. I love your brother and your family and I want to enjoy the rest of my life with them, so if you have a problem with that then address it with me, if not, move on and get a life" :)

• image casmgn:
    I think that you and your SIL are more similar than you would like to admit.

Ditto!  1000 times ditto!

• I totally feel your pain!  Seriously, I could have written some of these comments since some of your problems are very relatable.  

However, I do agree with some of the other comments though ? you need to calm down and stop letting yourself get so upset over these little things.  There's no need for all these tears.  Your SIL sounds a lot like mine, and I know it?s hard to ignore her behavior, but just think of all the time, stress and anger you?re letting interrupt your life because of her.  You?re giving her power to control you.  She is crazy, and you and your husband will never be able to change her, because you cannot expect  an emotionally/mentally unstable person to see things clearly.  It took me a long time to figure this out, and it?s become a daily affirmation of sorts for me, but you have to remind yourself that you are dealing with an unstable person, and you cannot reason with her.  It isn't worth your time!

I had to go to Thanksgiving and see my wretched SIL for the first time since my wedding, and while she ignored me, I was sweet as could be and looked her in the face during conversations.  When she and the other stinker SIL made comments to upset me, I knew they were looking for a reaction so that I would appear as the "mean" one or something, but I just refused to acknowledge that behavior. 

You need to believe and demonstrate that you are a good person and that you?ve got too much good in your life to allow any room for her nonsense.  Any time you spend stressing over her is like giving her the gift of your time.  She doesn?t deserve squat from you so stop giving it to her!  GOOD LUCK!!  SIL?s are the WORST!!!!  I should know -- I have 2!

• image mrstarawalsh:
    image Blackwidow13:
    image mrstarawalsh:
    image blackfire5th:

LOL, color in his hair....what hair?  He doesn't have any hair.
    HIs beard you rude twat. And it's none of your buisiness how old he is or how much older he is than me.

Blackwidow... knock it off. Your posts are out of line and uncalled for. If you have such a strong urge to be hateful, do it elsewhere. Show some maturity if you possess any. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My SIL hurts with words and actions (see blog) but i'm thankful she and I do get along and she does like me. Here is the thing, she is your SIL she wont go away. I'm trying to talk to my SIL about what she does. I hope things work out better for you.