International Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Need friends!!

I came on here to make some girl friends! i got married at 18 and all my high school girlfriends moved to different states. So now im 21 and basically just work and spend time with my husband but i need friends to talk about the hubby with! lol...girls you know what i mean

Re: Need friends!!

• Erm, I dunno if this board will work for you.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Try the Married Life board, it's right up your alley :)
    DS 02.10.2008 * DD 04.05.2011

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/jhzsar.jpg[/IMG]
  • Right, well this is the International Board, so the majority of us are not even living in the US. Married Life might be better for you.

Oh and P.S. you really should not be advertising your services in your siggy. Kthnxbai. 

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • You should get a mail order RUssian bride as a friend.
  • image twopeasinapod:
    You should get a mail order RUssian bride as a friend.

Bahhahahahahahaha!

Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio
  • image *Britni*:
    I came on here to make some girl friends! i got married at 18 and all my high school girlfriends moved to different states. So now im 21 and basically just work and spend time with my husband but i need friends to talk about the hubby with! lol...girls you know what i mean

Wow, you sure do sound genuine and personally, I'm a big fan of the direct and honest approach to making friends, so tell us all about your hubby!

• image JennyBee1018:

Right, well this is the International Board, so the majority of us are not even living in the US. Married Life might be better for you.

Oh and P.S. you really should not be advertising your services in your siggy. Kthnxbai. 

I see this Kthnzbai everywhere, WTH does it mean?

Jakarta, Indonesia. www.livelaughpoop.blogspot.com image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kthanzbai = OK thanks bye!

PS NCV I was just trying somehow to relate her post to the IN board.

• It is rather random and bizarre for her to end up in this board.

It seems to me she is flaunting 

(a) her young brideness

(b) her wedding/party planning business.

So either she is just trying to stir something up as young-bride-ism really gets many forums going, or she is trying to drum up business and *thinks* this needing a friend thing might actually work to get attention to her company.

Or, I guess there could be an option (c). She is a mail order bride and wants some expat company. Two peas is on to something. LOL

• image xnickerx:

It is rather random and bizarre for her to end up in this board.

It seems to me she is flaunting?

(a) her young brideness

So either she is just trying to stir something up as young-bride-ism really gets many forums going, or she is trying to drum up business and *thinks* this needing a friend thing might actually work to get attention to her company.

Or, I guess there could be an option (c). She is a mail order bride and wants some expat company. Two peas is on to something. LOL

I think it's (b)?

?

• image xnickerx:

It is rather random and bizarre for her to end up in this board.

It seems to me she is flaunting?

(a) her young brideness

I think it's (b)?

?

• Hee hee, Two Peas and Xnickerx, you two crack me up! Lurve your answers!

Kthnxbai is just a way to say ok, thanks bye to trolls and other such people.

She posted on the LA board too. She seems to be willing to do anything to make the business - er I mean friends.

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Anything? Cuz here in Amsterdam that's totally legal. She can get tons of "friends" by just hanging out in the window a bit.....
  • I asked the head mod to remove her siggy at the least as it's "illegal" on the boards to advertise using it. 

If the poster is real and does want friends, then she ought to know that we're a decently friendly board, but the way she went about it by posting on an international board was not the best way.  Contributing to posts in whatever way you can is the way to go. (just in case there are scared lurkers who think they'd get flamed for coming on here)

• image twopeasinapod:

Kthanzbai = OK thanks bye!

PS NCV I was just trying somehow to relate her post to the IN board.

Just trying to get her to fit in, got ya.  Good thinking! 

Pre English Reception Pictures at H's High School
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio
  • no im being serious! forget the business...Im not on her for that. I did put that incase there are people who need my services. Other than that i am a newlywed and was just looking to talk to other newlyweds...
  • So are you thinking of moving overseas?  Or are you or your DH originally from somewhere outside the US?

You might get a better response if you introduce yourself in the context of the board.

• No im not overseas! my husband and i both live in Los Angeles and have since we were born...