Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

XP from Seattle Baby Board.

Hi ladies, I am primarily a Seattle bumpie, but I do pop over here from time to time. I don't know if you were made aware of the tragedy that occured just before Thanksgiving. The OP is extremely sad and if you don't want to read it, I will summarize. A fellow bumpie lost her son to an extremely high fever and brain swelling from an apparent case of H1N1.

As a sign of respect and unity, there will be a period of silence to honor the short life of baby Christopher, tomorrow at 9 am PST.

During this hour of silence, we are asked not to post. This is a site wide show of respect for baby Christopher and his mother Ketamarie, as well as the family. It is not manditory, but it would be greatly appreciated if we could all participate in this moment, and abstain from posting. Thanks Ladies.

Details in the clicky in siggy

? Lots of love to my TBBFF, kellyrn and her March Pickle! ?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mommy to Max 4.11.09 and Lucy 10.9.12

Re: XP from Seattle Baby Board.

• Oh how terrible. I'm so sorry for her and her family.

Not to be argumentative, but her post cleary states that the tests for swine flu came back negative. This is not H1N1 related.

• My mom has to have her gall bladder out today or tomorrow. Maybe we can do 15 mins of silence for that?
    image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • Tongue Tied

Did you really just compare the sudden tragic death of an infant to your mother's routine scheduled surgery?

• well, i wasn't being serious about the moment of silence, but it wasn't scheduled surgery.

i did think this request was a little weird though for someone from the bump that most of us don't even know.

image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • I have met you IRL, PV. But that's okay. It was just a suggestion. If you didn't want to partcipate you didn't have to. It was more of a PSA.

? Lots of love to my TBBFF, kellyrn and her March Pickle! ?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Mommy to Max 4.11.09 and Lucy 10.9.12

• Actually I meant we didn't know the person who was going to benefit from the moment of silence.. she doesn't post here and isn't from Seattle. But never mind!