Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Ok, What about Renton

I found an apartment complex in renton. It is through the same management company I am in now. The address is 1300 EAGLE RIDGE DR S , Renton Wa 98055. I dont know what to look for but I trust your seattle nestie experience to say if its a good area or to keep looking.

Re: Ok, What about Renton

• I haven't lived in that area in ten years, but I didn't think it was a good area. There used to be an apartment complex not far from there on grant ave s and I would check that one out instead.
    image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • Check out West Seattle. I think you would be surprised at the rental prices.
  • OK, I will and if I havent mentioned it I appreciate all of your help.
  • A little late to the party, but try the Georgetown area (off of MLK in Seattle). My brother and SIL live in that area, and it's really turning around from what it used to be. There's a lot of new rental property out there, and though I don't know the prices, it's worth a look. You can just hop on the Light Rail to get to work, and that'd save you money by not having to have a car. :) Hope that helps!
    greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • If you are working in Belltown, West Seattle (West of 35 & N of Thistle or so) is likely a good option for you. Other areas that would potentially be a good choice is Ballard, Queen Anne, Fremont. There are some busier spots and some more neighborhoody. I grew up in West Seattle, so I'm a bit partial. It will likely be the least expensive with more neighborhood feel than the other areas -the others are more trendy than West Seattle so they get higher rents. If you like the suburbs more and don't mind a commute, I'd go Kenmore Bothell over down south. In general, Bothell and Kenmore will be nicer than Renton/Kent. I'd avoid Tukwila and South Park (South Park may show up with West Seattle Listings -I'd also avoid Delridge). Some areas of Renton are ok, but West Seattle is a better commute and a better area.
  • i have a rental property in magnolia. what's your rental limit? email me and give me more details and we'll see if my property is what you're looking for (bettafly21 {at} hotmail). personally, i wouldn't live in tukwila or renton if i worked in belltown. not that it's unsafe... some parts are pretty safe. it's just so darn far commute-wise.