Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

How do you start decorating for christmas?

I think it has hit me today, they christmas mood. I started by putting up snowflakes on our front window and Im just about to head to the basement to get out our front door wreath and the porch Christmas lights. 

What do you do to decorate your home? inside and outside?

What traditions do you have?

Re: How do you start decorating for christmas?

• I was in the mood to decorate earlier than usual this year. We just have a tree and our stockings and some other random stuff. It's mostly stuff that was passed down to DH by his family and it's totally not my style, but I'm slowly getting more things that I really like. I just can't afford to shell out a whole bunch of money all at once to get all new decorations.
  • This is our first Christmas married and our first Christmas in our new home so we just started our traditions.  DH put the lights all the way around the outside of the house while I did the Christmas tree. We added some cute lighted presents and suckers to the front yard and plan on edging the flowerbed with lights.  The inside includes the tree, nativity set, countdown snowman, stocking holders, and crystal bowls filled with christmas decorations. 

We plan to add things in the future as we buy them on after-Christmas sale!

PIB

Luzern, Switzerland
    Bios
    Adventures of A. Cook
  • We put lights on the outside along the roof and gutters. We have blue icicle lights. They are the new LED kind that are supposed to be energy efficient, and they are set on a timer that somehow knows when it gets dark out.

We also have the Christmas tree that has all the traditional stuff: lights, garland, ornaments, star on top. We also have Christmas lights on our mantle. We hang up stockings.