June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

POLL: Rain

What's your favorite rainy day activity?

Rain is a rarity here in SoCal, so when I woke up to the sound of HAIL this morning, I was very surprised. I met a friend for coffee and a good chunk of our conversation was us being distracted by the rain/hail. I got back home, put my PJs back on, and climbed back into bed. I'll probably take a nap and make hot cocoa soon....

The problem is, I have a TON of work to get done today, but on rainy days I just want to relax/sleep/snuggle/etc. Even though I'm not really doing anything different (i.e., if it were sunny, I'd still be in the house working on the computer), it still feels different because of the rain.

What does rain do to you? Is it different than any other day? Or is this just a silly Southern Californian thing?

Photobucket

Re: POLL: Rain

• Pretty much the same as any other day, except I use rainy days to catch up on the things indoors that I need to do.  Things like cleaning or baking or studying.  I'm also more likely to take a nice warm bath to take the chill off.

BFP#1 11.9.10 (EDD 7.15.11) M/C 11.13.10 @5W1D
    BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11 due to Pre-E
    BFP#3 10.2.12 (EDD 6.12.13) MMC 11.24.12 @11.5w, had passed in 7th week
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    My Chart Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~
  • I'm used to the rain (especially this year -- very rainy summer and fall), so it just basically gives me a legit excuse to bum around and blame it on the dreary weather. :) Plus I love me a thunderstorm. 
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • I am pretty useless on rainy days...especially weekend rainy days.  I love to stay curled up in bed or on the couch watching TV.  If I have to get out, I will, but I don't like to!
  • Watch a movie and take a nap is what I would prefer to do.  If it's a work day I drag my butt out of bed and go to work.

• rain makes me feel sleepy and lazy. we've been getting a TON in NY this summer/fall, so i am starting to get used to it, but it sucks.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/megs1383/4443972791_4c93e2a3c2_m.jpg[/IMG]

Baby #1 EDD 11/13/13