Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

You knew it would be discussed: What to do with THanksgiving leftovers

What are you doing with your left overs?

I know Sarah will do the Carcass soup - which once again I can't find in my email.

I think I MIGHT do a pot pie - but haven't decided.

What is your tradition? (Don't we ask this every year  :P  )

Easter 2011

Largest selection of Halloween Costumes

Re: You knew it would be discussed: What to do with THanksgiving leftovers

• Way back when i ate meat i would make a sandwich with bread, miracle whip and turkey.  I loved it.  It's been so long i can't even tell if that's gross or not, but i looked forward to leftover turkey for that reason.  Turkey noodle soup was good, too.
    EDD 9/24/13 BabyFetus Ticker
    Best sound ever: baby's heartbeat! (Heard @ 10w1d)
  • I normally do not like mayo, but I do love a good turkey sandwich with mayo on white bread.  Reminds me of being a kid.

We make Turkey Tetrazinni every year.  You can't go wrong with noodles, peas and and creamy sauce!  I usually sprinkle some bread crumbs on the top to get the full casserole experience.  I found a great recipe last year that really tastes amazing.  [but of course I haven't been able to find it again this year yet]

J + J = K image Photo by J. Shelton Photography Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • yup we are doing carcass soup again! i can post the recipe or email it if you want.
    image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • I am going out to eat so I don't have leftovers. But if I did, it would probably go in a soup of some sort.
  • I'm not much of a turkey person, so the only leftovers I eat are the stuffing and gravy. DH will probably just eat the turky by itself. Since he is alergic to wheat and gluten he can't make a sandwich. Unless he makes his own wheat/gluten free bread, which he hasn't found one he likes yet.

Now I want some stuffing and gravy...

Photobucket
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Stephanie  Castiglione's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • I wasn't sure what to do with our share of the leftovers until DH mentioned he has an office potluck Friday (he has to go into work) - so I jumped all over that!

I will save enough turkey, stuffing, potatoes and gravy to combine in a baking pan and make a casserole at some point over the weekend. It's my favorite. My dad makes a yummy soup with the carcass but we're not staying there for the weekend this year so we may miss out :(

2012 Racing Plans:
    Valentine's Day Dash 5k, 02/11/2012, 33:03
    Seahawks 12k, 04/01/2012, 1:23:17
    Bellevue 10k, 04/29/2012
    Beat the Bridge 8k, 05/20/2012
    Seattle Rock n Roll Half Marathon, 06/23/2012
    ...more to come!
  • I never have a problem with turkey leftovers!!! I'll definitely make soup. I just make turkey noodle soup with homemade egg noodles. Its sooo good! And otherwise, eat more turkey dinners and turkey sandwiches.

Mayo kinda skeeves me out, I do Vegenase (even though I'm not vegan). Its SO much tastier!

• alisha, are your egg noodles hard to make?
    image"I've always followed my father's advice: he told me, first to always keep my word and, second, to never insult anybody unintentionally. If I insult you, you can be goddamn sure I intend to. And, third, he told me not to go around looking for trouble." -John Wayne
  • I like to just eat as many repeat Thanksgiving meals as I can, so I just eat everything in the same form it was originally served. Thanksgiving leftovers are the only ones I like!
  • We do sandwiches (hubby loves turkey/bacon/avocado, I love mayo and a little salt), carcass soup or stock, and stuffing for breakfast. :)
    greenbaby
    BFP 1/22/12 | Ectopic pregnancy found 2/14/12 | Methotrexate to complete m/c 2/15/12 imageimageimage Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • image PurposelyVague:
    alisha, are your egg noodles hard to make?

I have to admit they are a pain to make. Its not so much the dough or rolling it out as the cutting and drying and unrolling the little noodles. But its worth it!

• how long does it take? maybe i should try it for the carcass soup?
  • some may find this weird, but I take the turkey and cook it with vinegar, soy sauce and black pepper for a few minutes.  Goes great on a bed of rice.  Yummy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • image MelissaClaire:
    I like to just eat as many repeat Thanksgiving meals as I can, so I just eat everything in the same form it was originally served. Thanksgiving leftovers are the only ones I like!

This is DH and me! I purposely make wayyyyyy too much for dinner so we have enough leftovers for a few repeat dinners. And sandwiches for lunches, of course!

[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/mmbdis.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/t6xkxy.jpg[/IMG]
  • I made stock with the carcass right after we finished eating, and I'll be making some soup with it later tonight.  Here are some of my other favorite things to do with the leftover turkey:  http://cassiepuff.net/blog/?p=1383