Trouble in Paradise
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

DH gets annoyed with me when...

I point out discrepancies in the movies like we watched "A Good Year" tonight. And I was annoyed how I thought it was stupid and sexist that they portrayed Marion Cotillard and Russell Crowe as the same age in the movie, when they don't look the same age. Once looking it up on IMDB, I discovered that they are actually 10 years apart!!! It's BS IMO. The movie was good but poorly cast because of this and other reasons. Anybody seen this movie and agree with me? Or was I being unreasonable? I have a habit of doing this and should probably work on not being rude during a movie.

Off to the beach

DS 7/18/2010
Handy 2.0 Due Early August

2011/2012 Races
12/17/2011 Christmas Caper 10K
2/11/2012 Have a Heart 5K
3/17/2012 DC RNR Half Marathon
4/22/2012 10M Parkway Classic
10/28/2012 Marine Corps Marathon

Re: DH gets annoyed with me when...

• I hate movies so my H and I barely watch movies together. He is a Harry Potter fan so I go to thos movies and I will go to Studio Movie Gril cause I can enjoy eating while he watches the movie. Either work on not being rude during a movie or come to an agreement like we did. You guys need to just find out what works for you guys. Any other movie he wants to c, he can go with friends, no complaining from me.
  • I have trouble watching movies with DH.  He always predicts the end within the first 30 minutes and feels the need to tell me. 

If you're making a fuss during the movie, it's rude.  If it's after the movie and you're each talking about what you liked or didn't like, then by all means, share your opinion.

Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • Yeah...it was sort of at the end of the movie...and we were arguing about it. I think he was annoyed that I was right....but it's not a big deal. I should be more considerate. I just thought it was sexist which bugs me about some movies...ie A Few good men....Good night.

Off to the beach

DS 7/18/2010

2011/2012 Races
  • Oh I HATE when people do that! Its not a documentary! I just want to watch a movie and be entertained, not listen to people explain why the premise can't work etc etc. I just want to be entertained!!

Sorry!! I guess I just try to overlook stuff like that.

• I tend to do that a little too..... sounds like me being a negative person when actually I'm just trying to find something to talk about.

Everyone has pet peeves; this sounds like one your hubby has.

Do what I do, keep stuffing your face full of popcorn and you won't be able to talk during the movie. LOLOL

• Yeah, I don't like to talk during movies.  After, it's all good.  Maybe your DH is like that, too.
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/wt7ivq.jpg[/IMG]

Running outside...

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/f/fbgz43udj.png[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://alterna-tickers.com][IMG]http://alterna-tickers.com/tickers/generated_tickers/0/0x2vbnlre.png[/IMG][/URL]
  • DH and I both do this!  Sometimes not during the movie- but afterwards, we'll absolutley discuss it and talk about the inconsistencies we saw.

Oh- and I HATE watching movies that are filmed in our city. Invasion was one, and ti drove me up a wall.  Nicole supposedly lived and worked in DC, but all the downtown shots were 2 blocks from where I work.  O.k.- to a point, I'll give in to "artistic license".

BUT , when they then GO to Balitmore and I'm seeing the SAME street scenes as from when she was outside her office in "D.C" - I got annoyed. :-)

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• I get annoyed as well when people go on a tangent through a movie. If you want to say something - wait until it is over! Or realize it is make believe and leave it at that. I watched Jaws the other day with someone and they kept pointing out all the unrealistic things about it... hello - ALL of Jaws is unrealistic. Now shut up and watch it or leave the room!
    A lot of years and a million tears finally led me to you.
    After 7 years trying to concieve, 3 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs, my third IVF was a success!
    My Christmas baby turned into a turkey bird! Dillon Richard was born at 34 weeks, 5 days on November 28, 2009 after 10 weeks on bedrest for preeclampsia.
    <a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v705/arriinthere/PJ/?action=view
  • Just dont do it anymore! Tell him you are going to try and really try! it is annoying when you just want to watch the movie,
  • Yes, I know I was right, but ultimately in the wrong...I will make an effort. My sister and I will do this when watching movies but it is not appropriate for everyone.We watched another movie last night "A Very Long Engagement" (great movie!) and I think I did do a good job of keeping my mouth shut. Mostly because I liked the movie. 

ECB, I know how you feel. that bugs me too. I haven't seen "Invasion" but I've heard of its inaccuracies. Sometimes they film in Baltimore because they can do things there they can't do in DC. They had an article about it in the Washington Post.

Off to the beach

DS 7/18/2010

2011/2012 Races
  • yeah, DH and I both tend to do that, but it only works out DURING the movie as long as we're both on the same track hating the movie. ?He ruined King Arthur doing that to me, and I ruined Kung Fu Hustle (which was a terrible, terrible movie regardless, imo). ?

if it annoys him, i'd try to stop. ?unless he does the same thing to you during a movie and you're seeking?vengeance. ;)?

afterwards, though, it can be fun to pick a movie apart. that doesn't bug him, does it? ?

• Try having a film degree and working on sets. I can't even watch a movie or tv show without noticing things moving around, color changes, hair parts moving around, etc. It kind of ruins televison and movies for me. Perhaps thats why I don't have a tv.

Although sometimes its a hoot to find weird things . . .