DH bought me this fondue pot over the weekend so I was searching for some of the recipes from Melting Pot and thought I would share with you ladies...
Cheddar Cheese Fondue:
2 cups equal parts (50-50) Sharp cheddar and Emmanthaler cheese
1/3 cup beer
1 clove garlic (minced - optional)
2 dashes worchestireshire sauce
1 teaspoon mustard powder
dash cayenne pepper
bread cubes, apples, celery, carrots, etc.
Get beer very hot (enough to melt the cheese) then add cheese, stirring to achieve desired consistency. Add other ingredients and mix.
Spinach and Artichoke Fondue:
? 5oz. of Beer
? 3oz. chopped cooked spinach
? 3oz. chopped artichoke hearts
? 1 demitasse spoon of minced garlic
? 8oz. shredded cheddar cheese
? 5 turns of cracked black pepper
? 3 cups of cubed bread - french/rye/pumpernickel
? 2 cups of vegetables - coliflower/carrots/celery/broccoli
- First heat the beer on high heat until hot, add spinach, artichoke hearts and minced garlic and stir with a fork.
- Slowly add shredder cheddar. Whip continuously with a fork. Continue to add cheese and whip until your cheese is a "warm honey" consistency.
- Add pepper.
- Stir with a fork until the consistency is uniform.
- Turn the heat down to low, place bread and vegetables in to a basket or platter.
- Skewer bread and vegetables and dip into cheese fondue.
- Serves 2 to 4 people.
Court Boullion Broth
5 ? C warm water
3 Tbsp finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp finely chopped celery
1 Tbsp chopped carrot
2 Tbsp kosher salt
1 Tbsp freshly ground pepper
2 tsp garlic powder
Whisk the water, onion, celery, carrot, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bowl until combined.
Pour into a fondue pot. Bring to a rapid simmer over medium-high heat. Thread a piece of meat or vegetable on a fondue fork. Cook in the broth to the desired degree of doneness. Serve with your favorite sauce.
Recommended dipping accompaniments: Seafood, beef, ravioli and gourmet veggies.
DH and I did an adapted version of the cheddar cheese fondue tonight with fresh french bagette bread and it was yummy!