Trouble in Paradise
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Not used to a guy being so into me ...

Background: I was a chubby girl in high school and most of college so I never dated a whole lot back then. Got my a$$ in shape senior year of college, dated a little here and there, met XH, and we got married. And then divorced.?

Long story short: Dating is this whole new adventure since the divorce. I'm on Match and Plenty of Fish and having a blast.?

Fast-forward?to today: I'm dating this guy and he really seems into me. I like him too, and there's definitely chemistry. He's just about everything I have been looking for in a guy. My single issue, I guess, is that I'm not used to someone liking me more than I like them. I'm not used to the compliments (which I'm still learning to take) and his eagerness to talk to or see me. It's not that he's clingy - I guess it's the way relationships are supposed to go? He's five years older (33) and admits he's done with playing games, so that's why he's open about how he feels. I guess I'm just used to guys being this big puzzle and all the wondering about if/when he'll call me. Is this really how relationships work?

Any insight would be appreciated. ?

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Not used to a guy being so into me ...

• I think that's the way mature relationships work.

My H has never made me question his interest in me.  He was the pursuer, and I liked it that way.  Not that I didn't make my feelings clear to him as well.  But it's nice to be wanted.  And "games" don't get you anywhere.  I'd take it as a refreshing change from the norm (as long as it's not over-kill/stalkerish).

Enjoy it!

• Relationships tend to work better when the guy is more into the woman than visa versa. 

If you are not used to a healthy relationship, take it slow.

• Be happy, not afraid.  They aren't supposed to play games - although most of us have been involved with so many who do!

So long as you are not feeling overwhelmed or pressured by his attention, just enjoy it.

I am dating someone significantly younger and I am experiencing some of the same feelings.  He is very mature for his age (and frankly for any age) and he is so expressive with his feelings.  I almost want to tell him, "don't you get it? You are young and hot- you are supposed to be out there screwing multiple women and pretending you aren't really that into me..."

Then I slap myself in the face, realize how much I appreciate who he is, and tell him that instead!