Travel
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

all inclusives in jamaica

hi girls,

i am planning a trip with my hubby and would like some ideas for all-inclusives in jamaica except for sandals.   We will be going the last week in Decemer. TIA!

Re: all inclusives in jamaica

• Couples Swept Away is supposed to be amazing!  Alot of girls rave about it on here.  We did Sandals WH....
    Just celebrated 6 blessed wedded years! 9.24.06
    image image Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We went to Couples Swept Away in Negril for our HM and loved it. They have other resorts in Jamaica as well, each with a slightly different feel. They have a message board that we found very helpful when trying to decide which one to visit- www.couples.com

They also have specials that come out each Wednesday.

We're going to Couples Tower Isle in March 2010- can't wait!

image image image
  • We have stayed at Sandals Royal Caribbean, and Beaches Montego Bay, and we are staying at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in about two weeks, so I'd be glad to report back and let you know how it is.

I've read lots of good things about it on trip advisor.

• I guess it pretty much depends on where you stay...Negril, Ohco Rios, or Montego Bay, Treasure Beach, Port Antonio, etc...  That would make it easier to pick a place or ask about certain places.  

We prefer to stay in Negril, but everyone has their own preferences.  We also like to stay at non-AI resorts, but have done many AI resorts in the past.  Like I said before, it would be easier to suggest some if I knew what area you are looking at.

Here is a great website to look at some properties:

http://www.negrilonestop.com/

image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH and I stayed at Couples Swept Away for our HM in 2005 and we loved it.  I hope we can go back some day!
    [IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/o8wftk.jpg[/IMG]
  • in 2007 we stayed at The Sunset Grand in Ocho Rios. 

Pros - great food, great drinks, great service.  Very relaxing, lots of beach chairs, floats, etc.  Alot of different options for dinner.  We had a very romantic dinner by the ocean with sand in our toes.  Not alot of children.

Cons - It took about an hour to get there from the airport.  We had rented a limo, but we ended up in a tiny acura instead.  We did get compensated, but that really sucked.  The beach had some "seaweed" or something floating about and it was gross/slimy. 

• I recommend couples swept away too. Great Thai food and totally relaxing. I loved it! Very romantic. Get one of the beach front rooms, they are awesome. Have fun.
  • we stayed at two resorts when we went down in May. it depends on if you want a smaller or larger resort feel. Couples Swept Away was great but we're "small" resort people and we absolutely fell in love with The Caves. they have amazing reviews on Trip Advisor and its so true. heaven!
  • We went to Couples Sans Souci in february. I agree with pp, check out the website and their message board and you can find out which resort works best for you. I would highlyreccomend Couples though!
  • Another vote for Couples. We stayed at Negril and did 1 day pass to CSA. I preferred Negril, but can't go wrong with either one.