May 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Topic of the Day...

What is your favorite holiday and why?

Any new traditions you are establishing with your hubby?

Re: Topic of the Day...

• H's favorites are St. Patrick's Day and Halloween.

Mine are Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I like the "holiday spirit" that comes with Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It's the season more than just the day.

This year we are having the first annual T***** Christmas Party.  I am so excited!  It kicked my butt in gear to get the house ready with some accent furniture and decor too. 

I did fun invites on Vista Print.  We are doing a good white elephant and it should be a lot of fun.

Also, H is off on Christmas this year, so we are having our immediate families over for dinner at our house. My family does the Sunday before Christmas and H's does Christmas Eve - both of which he has to work!  I didn't want him to be left out, so dinner at our house it is!

• I'd have to say I agree with you on Thanksgiving and Christmas because of the season like you said, Chrissy.  I like being able to see family and the spirit throughout the community.

4th of July is another favorite as my mom's side has an annual family reunion and they are usually a lot of fun.  A divorce in the family and my grandparents getting older is threatening to change things, though, so I hope the tradition continues. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
    TTC #1 since 08/11 IUI#2 = BFP!
  • image Huskerfanz:

I'd have to say I agree with you on Thanksgiving and Christmas because of the season like you said, Chrissy.  I like being able to see family and the spirit throughout the community.

4th of July is another favorite as my mom's side has an annual family reunion and they are usually a lot of fun.  A divorce in the family and my grandparents getting older is threatening to change things, though, so I hope the tradition continues. 

I hope your reunions continue!

Since a majority of our families live close we don't have family reunions.  I've always loved the idea though!  I guess I should be thankful family is so close we don't have to plan a yearly gathering.

On H's side everyone gets together for Easter, Christmas, Thanksgiving, each of H's grandparents birthdays, etc.  So we see them a lot.

On my side, who wants to shows up for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  If we planned something outside of that the same people would come.

• For me (and I think for H too): Thanksgiving & Christmas, but mostly Christmas. I love everything about it--our family does so many things together, and I love the spirit.

My family has so many traditions that start on Thanksgiving and go until New Year's--so H & I will mostly continue those.

We also wanted to start a tradition for ourselves, so I think we are going to take a portion of our Christmas money that we would spend on each other and use it to buy presents & food for children in need instead.

I have already started planning my figt list, and buying supplies for the mountains of baking I will do. After Halloween, it is on!

• I looooove Christmas. It's the only time of the year I actually want it to be cold because it just seems right. I just love the whole spirit surrounding it.

We haven't talked about any new traditions. Right now we're just doing our usual family stuff. Maybe when we have kids we'll make our own traditions. 

• One thing we have done the last two years we have been together is the Adopt-A-Family that the Salvation Army does.  It's a great way to help out a family in our local area that is in need and to do it in an anonymous way.  We love going shopping for them and it's really rewarding.  We hope to continue to do it and when we have kids we will definitely include them in it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My favorite holidays are Halloween and Christmas, weird, yes I know.  I absolutley love getting dressed up and decorating our apartment super scary and obnoxious. 

MH favorite is Christmas I think, especially for the food, he is Italian after all!  As for our traditions we really haven't had a chance to make any since we've been gonig to the ILs every Christmas.  My Dad and I used to go to the midnight service on Christmas eve together.  I always loved that quiet time between all the activity of Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  Ahh memories! 

• I love Christmas-everything about it inlcuding the crazy shopping/shoppers.  I love seeing all the gorgeous lights, beautiful ornaments--it's just a wonderful time of year.  Years ago we decided to make goodies for the soup kitchen to show my niece the joy and selflessness of giving and we always shop for a child or two for the holidays.

Last year, we hosted Christmas day with my immediate family--his dad lives too far and just really doesn't celebrate.  Since we do an all out seafood feast the night before at my aunt's house, we decided to make gourmet pizzas and it was a huge hit.  I think we will continue this tradition for years to come.

• I love Christmas!  I love seeing all of our families and getting to spend so much time with them.  Plus, my mom lives out of state and always comes home for Christmas week and I look forward to it. 

Hubby and I have lived together for several years, so we started some little traditions.  Like we play the same silly Christmas CD and eat cinnamon rolls while decorating the house.  And we exchange our gifts to each other on Christmas nihgt after all the craziness is over. 

[IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/650twi.jpg[/IMG]
  • I love Christmas. It seems to just be a great part of the year with pretty weather (out here) and it just feels cheery in general. :)

DH and I are trying to figure out what we are doing on Christmas Day...we have both of our families to try to please and honestly, I don't want to choose one. I'd rather us do all or none. :