Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Flying home from Texas tomorrow

Wish us luck!  We fly through Dallas and we always have issues.  They are not kidding when they say that Dallas and Houston airports are always top of the list for the most delays.  If they see rain they divert all air traffic and run around scared.  With the rain from the hurricanes coming in, I am very concerned about getting out of Texas.  And believe me, I am ready to get the hell out of dodge!  I can't wait to see trees!  Besides the excitement to spend more than one night in our new home.

Wish us luck!

Amanda
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Flying home from Texas tomorrow

• Good luck!  I hate travel delays.
  • Good luck!!  I once got stuck in Dallas for a really long time because of storms.  It's gotta be better than LaGuardia or Newark, though. Smile
    ~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh, I hope it goes well. ?I am flying out on September 4th through DFW to see my parents in Oklahoma for my birthday. ?
    imageimageLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image BFP on 07/18/08. Miscarriage 07/30/08. BFP 3/25/09. Confirmed second miscarriage, no heartbeat, no growth beyond 7 weeks, 5/19/09. TTC again, on baby aspirin, due to value of 23 on Anticardiolipin Antibodies. BFP 11/15/09. Brown spotting, Beta 3735 11/25/09, Beta 5602 11/28/09. Anticardiolipin Antibodies now negative, still on baby asprin. On 100 mg of Prometrium (progesterone) until 10 weeks. Good heartbeat at 1st appt. 12/16/09. Started taking fish oil. Perigestational hemorrhage and red bleeding 12/17/09. 2nd Ultrasound-8 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/17/09. Baby measured 9 weeks, still a heartbeat 12/23/09. Good NT Scan on 1/8/10, heartbeat 164. EDD 7/28/10. TEAM BLUE! Aidan Thomas born on May 26, 2010. Baby #2, BFP 11/27/11, EDD 6/5/12. TEAM PINK! Noelle Elizabeth born 4/30/12. Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God, Blessing from God.
  • Best of luck!!

My cousin just had a 24 delay there (the first plane would miss the connecting flight by 20 minutes).  Luckily, I checked online and saw this online and saved him from having to sleep at the Dallas airport..  He had to come back home from the airport and then fly out the next day.

Love: 8/2000 | Marriage: 7/2005 | Baby makes three: 3/28/2007 | And one more makes...SIX?
    Steal my kids picture or pretend they are yours, I will find where you live and ship all of their dirty diapers to your doorstep. Promise. image
  • We made it back ok.  Looks like we caught a break but man I was so nervous. 

Going to Texas we has to make a emergency landing in Witchta Falls (sp?) because they didn't have enough gas to circle Dallas until a storm went through town.  Thus we missed the connection to Midland and had to stay over in Dallas.  Grrr!

The funniest thing on that Dallas flight was when this old guy decided he need to go to the bathroom while we were making our landing attempt.  The pilot started making announcements to sit down or we will circle Dallas again.  The stewardess got so mad and was yelling through the door to "get out of the bathroom."  When he didn't respond she started yelling that the pilot was going to turn the plane around if he didn't come out now.  When he didn't respond she got up and started banging on the door saying that no one wanted to circle Dallas again and to get out and sit down.  After a few more moments and her yelling through the door he finally came out and looked completely confused.  She popped him down in the nearest seat and we landed a few moments later.  She was so mad at him and it made me laugh to hear this lovely southern woman just yelling through the door to get out of the bathroom. 

Amanda
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers