Rhode Island Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

New dog in the family

So we have a surprise addition to our family today - and his name is Rotten Ralph.  I kid you not. My sister's boyfriend's father adopted him from the pound maybe a month ago, but went in the hospital with some serious issues.  So they were keeping him for a couple days, and were going to take him to the pound, or try to get him into Providence Animal Rescue League (no-kill). 

But Ralph is so old, and honestly really ugly. One of his eyes is all messed up from when he was a stray, so he's half-blind, and pretty deaf.  I'd say he has to be over 10 years old.  Oh, and he has, like, 2 teeth.  (hence the name, given to him by boyfriend's dad) He's a shitzu, which to me is not the most attractive breed even without all that.  :)

But he is such a sweetheart, oves people and is really mellow.  I knew if he went to the pound he'd get put down - he is so old, and doesn't have a lot of selling points, physically.  So I convinced Rob that he won't be any trouble and deserves a home for his remaining years.  Surprise! Now we're a two dog family. 

Rotten Ralph says hello! :) I don't think anyone is going to want to see a photo.

It took 5 failed IUIs and a failed IVF, but our FET worked!
My pregnancy after Infertility Blog
Our baby girl was born on April 27, 2011!

Re: New dog in the family

• Hi Rotten Ralph! And yeah I do TOO want to see a photo :)
  • Well I for one do.  I love ugly dogs...English Bulldogs are my fave, and they're not very pretty.  I also happen to love Shitzu's.  Share Rotten Ralph with us.
    Pam - Mom to Tyler David 10/23/94, Tristan Hal 3/11/06, Melinda Rose 7/22/07 image image image image image
  • Hm, I was able to take the photos, but now my camera is not cooperating.  Rotten Ralph must have broken it.  :) I'll post when I can fix it!

It's not that he's ugly because he's a shitzu, he is just really rough looking! Plus he's shaved.  And he stinks, even though he got a bath this morning. 

I'm going to Petco in a few to pick up some things for him. 

•  

• aww hes cute. I love his colors.
    2011 Race Schedule! 2/20/11-Flat 5k Foxboro-28:10 3/5/11-Irish 5k Pawtucket-26:57 PR!!!! 3/19/11-St.Pats 5k Providence-26:59 7/4/11-Harvard Pilgrim 10k Foxboro-1:00:00 Instant PR!! 8/7/11-Rock-n-Roll 1/2 Marathon Providence-2:11:07 Instant PR! 10/10/11-Tufts 10k for Women Boston-????
  • Well, hello Rotten Ralph! I don't think he's ugly... just old and bit rough around the edges. Hope your two dogs get along swimmingly! :)
  • AWWWWWW he's not ugly. ?I'd take him in in a heartbeat! ?He's awesome! ?Smooches Rotten Ralph.
    Pam - Mom to Tyler David 10/23/94, Tristan Hal 3/11/06, Melinda Rose 7/22/07 image image image image image
  • That pic made me laugh out loud. Congrats on your new old man!! I bet he'll be a trip. ;)
  • Awww...just a little love and he'll be good as new!!  He looks like a sweetie.  That is so great of you to do Jill!  Now we really need to set up a doggie playdate in the park GTG one day Dog
  • Oh I love him!! :)
  • awww, he's so cute jill! how is layla handling not being an "only child" in the family?

?

• Just read that book in my school but Rotten Ralph is a cat! 
  • Anyone can adopt a cute dog...it takes someone special to adopt an older dog - especially with his issues!  I bet he is super lovable and you're going to have a great time with him.

I agree with the PP...get together at dog park??

• Wow, the vet who saw him before said he's only 7?! Life has not been kind to Rotten Ralph. 

I'd love to have a doggy get-together!

And Layla is really pouty about a new dog.  It's so sad, she is such a princess.  I am trying to give her extra love, but she is bummed.

• Jerrah, that's too funny.  I was googling good books for toddlers the other day and I saw Rotten Ralph.  I had a little giggle too because Ralph is indeed a cat.