June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

NaNo'ers

I am up late trying to flesh out some of my plot and characters. Of course, this means procrastinating on the internet.

Dandy, thanks again so much for the Snowflake Method. It rocks my world.

I at least have come up with a tangible plot, which is what I was hoping for going into it.

How much have you all fleshed out already? Do you work off of an outline or are you just going to go for it?

I usually just go for it, but it would be nice this time around to have some structure since I can't complete a train of thought anymore.?

Re: NaNo'ers

• Um, what's the Snowflake Method?

I have a good chunk of my primary character names, basic plot structure, and some specific scenes I want to work in. But in general, I'm just taking this "dive in and hope for the best" approach!

Photobucket
  • http://www.advancedfictionwriting.com/art/snowflake.php

I ignored the spreadsheet part, but the rest was extremely helpful!?

• I would really like to do this... but don't know if I can come up with an idea that anybody would want to read about LOL.  After I finish reading a great book I am always like... I could do that!  But then I lose my motivation.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been using the Snowflake method, too! I think I'm going to have an easy time actually writing, because when I got to step 5 (I think) I wrote 2 pages without even thinking about it.

I like to *try* to be as organized as possible (in everything I do... 80% of the time it doesn't work out, but I kind of enjoy trying), so in addition to using the snowflake thing, I downloaded a free trial of Scrivener, which is awesome! It's only compatible with macs, but I think there is a similar software for PCs.  It helps you organize chapters, characters, etc and I think it's going to help me out a lot. I might actually buy it after the trial (50% off if you "win" NaNo) b/c I think it will help when I have to write research papers. 

• More awesome info Dandy, thank you so much! I just happen to have a mac so I'm definitely looking into that, thanks once again! Snowflake kind rocks...I love that there's a formula to it.

Daisy-I have felt the same way for years and keep saying 'one day I'm gonna write this novel' but I'm almost 31 and not getting any younger, so I want to at least try while I can. You are not too late at all. I literally just came up with my idea yesterday. Join us!

• What's "NaNo"?
    TTC since Sept. 2011
    DX: MFI
    IUI#1 8/2012: BFN
    IUI#2 9/2012: BFN
    IUI#3 10/2012: BFN
    IVF#1 (2 embryos transferred) 1/2013: BFN
    IVF#2 (2 embryos transferred) 5/2013: BFP!!!  EDD 1/24/14
    Beta 1 (5/17) - 66.8 Beta 2 (5/21) - 341 Beta 3 (5/27) - 2771
    1st u/s 6/7 - measuring right on track at 7 weeks with 144 bpm!
    1/20/14 - Our sweet girl joined our family!
    Lilypie - (AERO)

My Local Nestie Besties: JenniferLuvsCandy, MABride0808, thecuddleeffect, MrsHo1030
  • Oooh okay. 

(Yes, I could have googled it or yahoo or whatever; however, I was kinda thinking it was a Nestie thing.)

TTC since Sept. 2011
    DX: MFI
    IUI#1 8/2012: BFN
    IUI#2 9/2012: BFN
    IUI#3 10/2012: BFN
    IVF#1 (2 embryos transferred) 1/2013: BFN
    IVF#2 (2 embryos transferred) 5/2013: BFP!!!  EDD 1/24/14
    Beta 1 (5/17) - 66.8 Beta 2 (5/21) - 341 Beta 3 (5/27) - 2771
    1st u/s 6/7 - measuring right on track at 7 weeks with 144 bpm!
    1/20/14 - Our sweet girl joined our family!
    Lilypie - (AERO)

My Local Nestie Besties: JenniferLuvsCandy, MABride0808, thecuddleeffect, MrsHo1030