Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

cleaning microfiber couch...

so our couch has quite a few stains, mostly from our DD. I have some cleaner that came with the couch, but it leaves a stain too, like a ring...I would need to cover the whole couch with it so there weren't any rings...

vinegar, baking soda, oxyclean??? 

help...

Re: cleaning microfiber couch...

• I have a microfiber couch too. Our Great Dane has had her way with it, so I am very interested to see what people think will work.
  • I have a microfiber couch that is dark chocolate brown. My dog slobbers all over it and I just clean it with a damp cloth. It works great! I used to work for Crate & Barrel and this is what we recommended. Depending on what the stains are and what color your couch is...this might work for you.

If you do decide to use any cleaners on it, be sure to test it somewhere hidden that way you know how the fabric will react.

• Also, please do not put baking soda or vinegar on it...talk about rings!
  • My microfiber couch is also a dark brown and the furniture store told us to use a wet cloth, thus far this method has removed every stain... and my husband loves to spill things on it :-)
  • I bought a Bissell steamvac that comes with a stair/furniture attachment.  It cleaned up great and our couch looks like new!  My microfiber is a light cream color. 
  • Oops I meant Hoover NOT Bissell
  • We have a light coloured couch and I cleaned a stain with oxyclean. It left rings. booooourns.