Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Ask me anything.

2»

Re: Ask me anything.

• image Chymes:

Actually, XN and I argue about this sometimes. He likes to use it, and I like to tell him it's wrong and looks dumb. I'm so loving. Big Smile

I find this hilarious.  Because it seems like it's from a far off intellectual land where smart people talk about smart things.

Andy and I, on the other hand, argue over what pitcher of beer to get.

• WTH is an Oxford comma?
  • Example from wikipedia:

To my parents, Ayn Rand and God.
    To my parents, Ayn Rand, and God.

The oxford comma is the one that clarifies that the author is not a child of God.
  • image JaredsgirlErin:
    Example from wikipedia:

The oxford comma is the one that clarifies that the author is not a child of God.

I LOVE those commas.

• Did you read The Pact yet? What do you think?

• image JaredsgirlErin:
    Example from wikipedia:

Really?  I had no idea that a comma used in that manner had a particular name.

I always use it.  And I add it into articles written by attorneys when I edit them.  Devil

• image Kasa:

image JaredsgirlErin:
    Example from wikipedia:

I always use it.  And I add it into articles written by attorneys when I edit them.  Devil

I hate that comma. I always remove it when I edit things ;o)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic CafeMom Tickers
  • image Kasa:

image JaredsgirlErin:
    Example from wikipedia:

You devil, you!

After years of having to abide by the AP, commas at the end of lists no longer look even remotely correct to me. LVila, I'm thrilled that you also hate them. Big Smile

Sorry I had to bust out of here in a hurry this afternoon. Charity, I haven't started reading "The Pact" yet. I challenged myself to read a nonfiction or biographical book in between each fiction book I read, and I just finished something fiction. So, I think next up is either "How The States Got Their Shapes" or "Bonk: The Science of Sex."

• Oooh!  I've always wanted to ask you what XN stands for.  If it's his name or some top secret info, you don't have to say.  I just wonder if I'm missing out on a cool abbreviation.
    [IMG]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g394/lifesthebeach/Jamaica161.jpg[/IMG]
  • image krissers:
    Oooh!  I've always wanted to ask you what XN stands for.  If it's his name or some top secret info, you don't have to say.  I just wonder if I'm missing out on a cool abbreviation.

It's how you write his name in Greek. X = Christ, XN = Christian. He dual majored in Greek and religion in undergrad, so it fits. Plus, I like it waaaaayyyy better than "DH" or the other hokey abbreviations on here. It's personal, yet anonymous.

• image Chymes:

image krissers:
    Oooh!  I've always wanted to ask you what XN stands for.  If it's his name or some top secret info, you don't have to say.  I just wonder if I'm missing out on a cool abbreviation.

It's how you write his name in Greek. X = Christ, XN = Christian. He dual majored in Greek and religion in undergrad, so it fits. Plus, I like it waaaaayyyy better than "DH" or the other hokey abbreviations on here. It's personal, yet anonymous.

Yeah, that's a good one.

[IMG]http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g394/lifesthebeach/Jamaica161.jpg[/IMG]
  • I met Ann Curry when we went to NYC. She is SUPER nice. She talked to us between each shot and was more than happy to answer questions. She took tons of pictures with people too.
    Ben & Shana - August 27, 2005