Grand Rapids Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Friday before Halloween randoms

124»

Re: Friday before Halloween randoms

• image gvsubride05:
    I took the girls to their Halloween party at daycare. I cut down a sidestreet and all of sudden I realized the puddle in the road was actually a flooded road. All of sudden my car got real quiet and barely would move. I thought for sure I was going to stall out in the middle of the road. I only had a few inches left so I was able to coast through the puddle and get out. I was so freaked out. It was pouring down rain and I didn't have my cell phone with me. I just envisioned myself walking with the two girls three blocks to their daycare.

I'm glad you made it safely.

• image MrsJuliD:

image gvsubride05:
    I took the girls to their Halloween party at daycare. I cut down a sidestreet and all of sudden I realized the puddle in the road was actually a flooded road. All of sudden my car got real quiet and barely would move. I thought for sure I was going to stall out in the middle of the road. I only had a few inches left so I was able to coast through the puddle and get out. I was so freaked out. It was pouring down rain and I didn't have my cell phone with me. I just envisioned myself walking with the two girls three blocks to their daycare.

Me too.

Yikes. 

• image jax's mama:
    image MrsJuliD:

image gvsubride05:

Me too.

Yikes. 

Phew! I'm glad that turned out well.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you go to Boston Market's websites they have a coupon for a chicken meal for $1.

You get white or dark meat, potatoes and corn bread.  I had it for lunch :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Payless shopping is done :-)

I ended up going with the Ugg style boots in brown and black, and then a pair of these for inside the house:

And a bag for my SIL for Christmas.  Check.

The other boots didn't fit my feet right.

• It's been a long week.  I sent someone an interoffice mail envelope this morning and she just called me to tell me that she received the envelope, however there was nothing inside.  And then I realized that what I intended to put in the envelope was still sitting on my desk.  Oops.  Embarrassed
  • image Kasa:
    It's been a long week.  I sent someone an interoffice mail envelope this morning and she just called me to tell me that she received the envelope, however there was nothing inside.  And then I realized that what I intended to put in the envelope was still sitting on my desk.  Oops.  Embarrassed

Oh...hehe.  That made me giggle.  Sorry. 

Good news for you (and everyone)...there is only 3 hours left in the work week!  Hallelujah.

• Molly, can the payless coupon be used online?  How did you finish shopping so fast?
  • I friggin' love Junior Mints.
  • image Suze04:
    Molly, can the payless coupon be used online?  How did you finish shopping so fast?

I went at noon today on my lunch.  There is one just across the street (sorta) from me.

And to answer your original question, I don't think the coupon can be used online.

• image MrsJuliD:
    I friggin' love Junior Mints.

Me too.

• image Kasa:
    It's been a long week.  I sent someone an interoffice mail envelope this morning and she just called me to tell me that she received the envelope, however there was nothing inside.  And then I realized that what I intended to put in the envelope was still sitting on my desk.  Oops.  Embarrassed

This must be the old-skool forgetting an email attachment. hehe.

• 1 hour.  14 minutes.

• My mom is pretty awesome.  She took a 1/2 day personal day to pick up Jax, and to get Wesley from my house and take him to his appointment this afternoon.  His original appointment was for Tuesday morning, but my mom offered to take care of everything for me today.  I'm so lucky.  I love the extra help.

I told her that she shouldn't have because now I am going to take advantage of her help when Tennyson gets here.  Devil

"What, mom?  You did it for Jax and Wesley, but you can't do it for your favorite grandson?"

LOL.

• image JaredsgirlErin:

image Kasa:

Yes

• image jax's mama:

My mom is pretty awesome.  She took a 1/2 day personal day to pick up Jax, and to get Wesley from my house and take him to his appointment this afternoon.  His original appointment was for Tuesday morning, but my mom offered to take care of everything for me today.  I'm so lucky.  I love the extra help.

I told her that she shouldn't have because now I am going to take advantage of her help when Tennyson gets here.  Devil

"What, mom?  You did it for Jax and Wesley, but you can't do it for your favorite grandson?"

LOL.

Yay for an awesome Mama!

• One more mom prop - she was over last night helping me sew my costume (still not finished yet - taking forever!, this was an awesome idea, let me tell you...anyway...) and she said that she can't wait for T to be the fun age where she can take him and Noa and have them spend the night once a week and watch movies, go to the library, play games, etc.  Just the cousins and grandma. 

I said "Say what?  Once a week?"

Date night for me and Mike, and play date for grandkids/grandma.  Win-win. 

I just thought that was incredibly nice of her.

• I've got about 23 minutes left to go. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image jax's mama:

One more mom prop - she was over last night helping me sew my costume (still not finished yet - taking forever!, this was an awesome idea, let me tell you...anyway...) and she said that she can't wait for T to be the fun age where she can take him and Noa and have them spend the night once a week and watch movies, go to the library, play games, etc.  Just the cousins and grandma. 

That's awesome.

If we were ever to have kids, it would be really, really nice if our parents lived closer.  There's a chance we might be able to lure them down here with grandchildren though.

• I know a few of you have gone to shows in Chicago (Wicked, Fiddler on the Roof, etc.)  How does one go about seeing what is playing when and where in Chicago?
  • image Kasa:
    image jax's mama:

One more mom prop - she was over last night helping me sew my costume (still not finished yet - taking forever!, this was an awesome idea, let me tell you...anyway...) and she said that she can't wait for T to be the fun age where she can take him and Noa and have them spend the night once a week and watch movies, go to the library, play games, etc.  Just the cousins and grandma. 

That's awesome.

If we were ever to have kids, it would be really, really nice if our parents lived closer.  There's a chance we might be able to lure them down here with grandchildren though.

Children as bait. 

Love it.

• image JaredsgirlErin:

image Kasa:

Hillarious!

• image jax's mama:
    I know a few of you have gone to shows in Chicago (Wicked, Fiddler on the Roof, etc.)  How does one go about seeing what is playing when and where in Chicago?

We've only gone once, and my mom found the show information and then told us about it.  I'm no help, sorry!

• Molly, I would suggest going to Ticketmaster to find out about shows.
  • Holy downpour!

I think I am staying in tonight...I have the urge to play some guitar hero.

• image jax's mama:

Holy downpour!

I think I am staying in tonight...I have the urge to play some guitar hero.

Have fun!  I'm heading out.

Have a great weekend ladies!