I do two European business trips a year, plus I lived in England for five years and my husband is British so I do and have done a fair amount of transatlantic flying.
I was thinking about this on my flight from Hamburg yesterday. I now have a MUST HAVE list of necessitites that I've minimalized to a science.
- Pashmina/Shawl - can be used as a blanket or rolled up and used as a neckroll
- Hoodie (wear) - can be pulled down over your eyes as a makeshift eyemask
- Water - lots of it
- Advil PM
- Kashi and/or Luna bars, at least two.
- Slipper socks
- Moisturizer (hand and facial)
- Hand sanitizer
- A magazine and a book (the book as a necessity is new because I dealt with a broken entertainment system yesterday)
- And I wear comfy clothes and slip on shoes and no makeup*.
*generally I never have to go straight into a business meeting on arrival
What are your flight must haves for yourself?
Yeah that's right my name's Yauch!