Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

These are My Friday Confessions

2»

Re: These are My Friday Confessions

  • I am confess that I am from Darby (aka Dirty Darby, not to be confused with Upper Darby/Upper Dirty) and I am ashamed of this approximately 85% of the time. The other 15% of the time, I feel like it gives me some kind of bizarre street cred. Like I'm habitually in situations that need some kind of street cred and a Darbonian upbringing gives that to me.
    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/dctxu1.jpg[/IMG]
  • image Kimbatron:
    I am confess that I am from Darby (aka Dirty Darby, not to be confused with Upper Darby/Upper Dirty) and I am ashamed of this approximately 85% of the time. The other 15% of the time, I feel like it gives me some kind of bizarre street cred. Like I'm habitually in situations that need some kind of street cred and a Darbonian upbringing gives that to me.

    dh regualry cites his ud/bywood upbringing as street cred.  while in some areas, yes it counts, southeast dc is not one of them.

    no worries about being from darby...... better than the biatches from collingdale imo ;)

    image
  • image Kimbatron:
    no worries about being from darby...... better than the biatches from collingdale imo ;)

    HA, my old roommate who went to UDHS got into a fight with a girl down the shore and told her to go back to collingdale

    erbur, if you are reading this - 3 guesses who I am talking about!

    ETA - I quoted this wrong, it was ering's post!

    image
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • image ering1115:

    image Kimbatron:
    I am confess that I am from Darby (aka Dirty Darby, not to be confused with Upper Darby/Upper Dirty) and I am ashamed of this approximately 85% of the time. The other 15% of the time, I feel like it gives me some kind of bizarre street cred. Like I'm habitually in situations that need some kind of street cred and a Darbonian upbringing gives that to me.

    dh regualry cites his ud/bywood upbringing as street cred.  while in some areas, yes it counts, southeast dc is not one of them.

    no worries about being from darby...... better than the biatches from collingdale imo ;)

    When I was in grade school, the Collingdalers in my school thought they were SO COOL. I'm like b!tches, it's the same [email protected] zip code.

    [IMG]http://i42.tinypic.com/dctxu1.jpg[/IMG]
  • dh did not write a "letter" to his gmom for her bday scrapbook.  i am currently being harassed by his fam to do it.  i have nothing nice to say to this woman.  i am currently browsing hallmark ecards.
    image
  • I am so happy it is going to be warm tomorrow.
  • image rumdrinx:
    image amy052006:

    image rumdrinx:
    you need the halo effect and also the "impress your friends with someone else's eye color" effect.  I will match your eyes to different shades of green - first the dumpster, then the green from your Eagles jersey.  Wait, do you even have green eyes?  at this point in our relationship, you'd think I'd know.  I feel incomplete.

    Sadly, they are blue.  

    I did not expect this sort of cavalier attitude towards our friendship.  It just hurts.

    oh believe me, it  hurts me more than it hurts you.  :(

     

    Oh FFS,stop throwing it in my face that you two are lovahs. 

    It especially hurts considering that Amy and I are carrying each other's love fetuses.

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • image ering1115:
    dh did not write a "letter" to his gmom for her bday scrapbook.  i am currently being harassed by his fam to do it.  i have nothing nice to say to this woman.  i am currently browsing hallmark ecards.

    do not roll over on this!  a am contemplating giving you the side eye.  HE HAS TO DO THIS!

    [IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!
  • I confess that I am so happy to NOT be pregnant and fully intend to drink my face off on Sunday.

    I have a huge freezer stash of milk and do not intend to come home until both kids are asleep

    image
    DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13
  • image rumdrinx:

    image ering1115:
    dh did not write a "letter" to his gmom for her bday scrapbook.  i am currently being harassed by his fam to do it.  i have nothing nice to say to this woman.  i am currently browsing hallmark ecards.

    do not roll over on this!  a am contemplating giving you the side eye.  HE HAS TO DO THIS!

    done and done.  i don't really care for gmom anyway.  i am sure he won't do it and i will get blamed but so be it.  i am his wife, not his mother (thank the lord baby jesus 8 gagillion times over)

    image
  • Ering, do not do this for him!  I have perfected deflecting this shiit with DH's family --- I am not his god damn social secretary.  When stuff has been missed, and I get called out (because it was obviously my fault), I send them his way.  His family, his job.  I am fully aware his family considers this a flaw and me, and I do not give a rat's ass.

    LD, do not be jealous.  There is more than enough of me to go around.

    Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • I didn't 'make' DH do his thank you cards for after his Gpop died.  I didn't do them for him, it's his grandfather and should be written by him.

    So people didn't send us mass cards when his Gmom died.

    I told him it was because he never sent out TY cards from the first funeral.

    Of course it could be that people are just tired of sending us mass cards. It's been a deadly year to be related to the 2 of us!

    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Sign In or Register to comment.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards