March 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

New your (recipe) help!!!

Ok, I have been working crazy shifts this week and have not been on as much... I miss you ladies!

I am making a bunch of stuff for our Halloween party this weekend. I bought frozen meatballs and little weenies (he he) to make with some sort of BBQ/ grape jelly sauce. Any of you have a good recipe or a twist on the old favorite? I am calling this "Castration Stew"

I also bought a bunch of Pinot Grigio and some fruit to make Sangria (blood punch- I am dying it red)... what else should I mix with it?

Thanks ladies!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Oct.'13 Siggy Challenge: Cheers to Easter!

Re: New your (recipe) help!!!

• image msmarsh:

I also bought a bunch of Pinot Grigio and some fruit to make Sangria (blood punch- I am dying it red)... what else should I mix with it?

Maybe some grapes, red or white. They could be eyeballs!

• Try Blood Oranges in the Sangria.

Here's the one we always use. 

1 1/2 (12 oz.) bottle chili sauce
    6 oz. (1/2 chili sauce bottle) vinegar
    1 tbsp. mustard
    1/2 c. brown sugar
    1/2 c. grape jelly
    1/2 c. beer
    2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
    2 to 3 tbsp. lemon juice
    1 tbsp. dry minced onions
    1 tsp garlic powder

Sauce: Mix all ingredients together in saucepan. Bring mixture to boil, stirring continuously. Once boiling, simmer on low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally; if mixture becomes too thick just add water. Pour sauce over meatballs and ready to serve.

• Sounds good!  Sorry no sangria recipe here.  

I have made sweet and sour meatballs - make the balls w/normal breadcrumbs egg etc.  Simmer in pineapple juice, soy sauce and ketchup add garlic ginger... Sorry this may not be that helpful but I don't have a recipe written down!  I have heard of a grape jelly sauce but never had them like that!

• I have made this sangria recipe many times and it is amazing everytime

The serving is for 6 so scale recipe, depending oh how much you need

• 1/2 cup brandy
    • 1/4 cup lemon juice
    • 1/3 cup frozen lemonade concentrate
    • 1/3 cup orange juice
    • 1 (750 milliliter) bottle dry red wine
    • 1/4 cup white sugar (optional)
    • 1 bag of frozen berry fruit (blueberries, raspberry, etc)
    • 2 cups carbonated water (optional)

Directions

1. In a large pitcher or bowl, mix together the brandy, lemon juice, lemonade concentrate, orange juice, red wine, triple sec, and sugar. Float the frozen fruit in the mixture. Refrigerate overnight for best flavor. For a fizzy sangria, add club soda just before serving.
  • for sweet and sour meatballs, i put one bottle of bbq sauce and a jar of grape jelly (hear you can also use apricot) in a pot on the stove and heat, stirring often, until smooth and combined.

pour over meatballs in the crockpot and heat.

• image amethyst1220:

for sweet and sour meatballs, i put one bottle of bbq sauce and a jar of grape jelly (hear you can also use apricot) in a pot on the stove and heat, stirring often, until smooth and combined.

pour over meatballs in the crockpot and heat.

i use apricot with bbq sauce and they come out grat

• you could make dirt pudding...i guess that's not scary but it's like eating bugs when you put candy worms in it.

ummm...i'm not good at this!

if you serve olives you could get the ones that are stuffed with blue cheese adn they look like eye balls.

for sangria i'm pretty sure my friend added like a cup of sugar and some ginger ale to her sangria mixture of wine and fruit slices.

• image timmysgal1:

you could make dirt pudding...i guess that's not scary but it's like eating bugs when you put candy worms in it.

ummm...i'm not good at this!

if you serve olives you could get the ones that are stuffed with blue cheese adn they look like eye balls.

for sangria i'm pretty sure my friend added like a cup of sugar and some ginger ale to her sangria mixture of wine and fruit slices.

oh, and i think she added some bourbon to it.  yummmm bourbon...

• I love blood oranges, but they are not in season yet. My sangria calls for soaking the fruit over night in brandy. then cutting it with apricot juice. It is so good. I use champagne, but i think white wine would be fine.