Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

give me your best tomato pie in the city

I usually buy Cacia's, which I think is good... but I'm looking for best!  Where I grew up we called this bakery pizza because my Dad got it at one of two Italian bakeries in our area.  I've heard of Ianelli's and Sarcones, but I don't know if either of them are better than Cacia's.  I'm convinceed there's got to be other places in the Italian Market that sell it.

Requirements:  Must be square.  No cheese.  Good, sweet sauce.  Only within the city - no Jerz or Manayunk because it's too far...I'm making the H go out for it tomorrow for our party and he's got a lot of errands to run. 

TIA!

Re: give me your best tomato pie in the city

• Gato's in the NE.
  • New York Bakery is the only one I like in the city

But, hands down. the best tomato pie is Corpolese (sp?) Pizza in Conshohocken. we make the trip every family function to have a pie. then usually get an extra and freeze it. very worth the trip

David John 4.19.01
    Jonathan Dean 4.5.08
    Anna Capri 5.4.11
  • gino's italian bakery on frankford ave near princeton...they have weird hours though, like 9-2?
    [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2iwabh1.jpg[/IMG]
  • a tomato pie yum! I havent had that in so long!
  • Neither of these are in the city, but they are my favorite.  Corropolese in Norristown and Cafe Riviera at the Neshaminy Mall.  The one at Cafe Riviera is round and it's chunks of tomato.  Not the traditional tomato pie but delicious and garlic-y!
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Corropolese in Norristown - totally worth the trip!
    my read shelf:

[IMG]http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o53/andrea12481/50in12.jpg[/IMG]
  • I'll third Corropolese, it is the best tomato pie by far I have ever had, def. worth the trip.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Honestly, its worth the drive to Corroppolese.
  • since you asked for in the city I would say Sarcone's.

Their tom. pie is really decent, and I think everyone is ignoring the fact that you stated that you have a party to plan, 100000000 errands and not the time to drive all over the world for a tom. pie.

So for your needs I think Sarcones.

• Manayunk is in the city!  And much closer to Center City than the Northeast!  Marchiano's.
    Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • image amy052006:
    Manayunk is in the city!  And much closer to Center City than the Northeast!  Marchiano's.

Haha, so true!!!  It's my bad, what I meant to say was Center City/S. Philly because I'm at work all day and my H already has a laundry list of things to do and it would be easiest if he could pickup somewhere close. 

But I super appreciate all of the rec's, only because now I want to try this place that everyone is saying is worth the trip.

• Jewels, if you ever end up going to Corropolese, they put mozerella shavings on it before they box it up. I know you said no cheese - you can ask for them to leave it off and they will.
    my read shelf:

• image zoieglow:
    Jewels, if you ever end up going to Corropolese, they put mozerella shavings on it before they box it up. I know you said no cheese - you can ask for them to leave it off and they will.

I can deal with the mozz shavings, just not a full covering of cheese since that's just pizza to me.  And this place is making me want to leave work and drive to Norristown!!!  I make it out that way every so often, I meet my parents at Capone's for dinner because my Dad is beer fanatic and they drive over an hour to get there.  So someday I will meet the Corropolese tomato pie!

• It's making me want it, too Smile The sauce is so sweet and yummy.
    my read shelf: