Des Moines Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone around tonight?

If so, what are you up to tonight?

Me, I'm working at the hotel again. Winter hours are so slow and these dreary days haven't helped any at all!

Re: Anyone around tonight?

• Me, kinda.

I'm working on case notes and reports, while watching NBC, washing diapers, and picking up the living room. And researching dog food. And nesting. Smile

• I am around. Not doing a darn thing. Just watching Grey's. Thinking maybe going to bed early. But I probably won't
  • image mrstice:

Me, kinda.

I'm working on case notes and reports, while watching NBC, washing diapers, and picking up the living room. And researching dog food. And nesting. Smile

I wish I were multi-tasking! Why are you researching dog food? Did you get a new one or did a current one change diets?

• image wendy29**:
    I am around. Not doing a darn thing. Just watching Grey's. Thinking maybe going to bed early. But I probably won't

I know what you mean about not going to bed early even when you want to. I had the night off and H was scheduled to be home around midnight so I thought I'd go to bed around 9:30/10 and actually get some decent sleep. Nope, I was up until 1:45!

• I had the worst day ever at work today. And I think I am still thinking about it. So I probably can't sleep even if I tried!
  • We're trying to work on our dog's crazy issues, and I think getting her on a healthier diet may help a little bit. So I need to find a healthy food that we can afford.
  • image wendy29**:
    I had the worst day ever at work today. And I think I am still thinking about it. So I probably can't sleep even if I tried!

Aww..sorry about your rough day! Does it have to do with being back after being gone so long? (Sorry if I missed a post about it.)

• image mrstice:
    We're trying to work on our dog's crazy issues, and I think getting her on a healthier diet may help a little bit. So I need to find a healthy food that we can afford.

Pets are expensive family members! Good luck figuring it all out.

• Hope work is going well tonight. I had to get the H1N1 shot tonight and now working on a grad school paper and watching Grey's and Project Runway. Fun...
    A & D 8/04/07
  • image AMBeede:

image wendy29**:
    I had the worst day ever at work today. And I think I am still thinking about it. So I probably can't sleep even if I tried!

Aww..sorry about your rough day! Does it have to do with being back after being gone so long? (Sorry if I missed a post about it.)

I don't know if that is it or what. But the doctor that I work with was an a$$ to me all day. He yelled at me 5 times today. It was uncalled for. Especially in front of patients and other coworkers. I was so glad to get out of there. And hope tomorrow is better.

• image wendy29**:
    image AMBeede:

image wendy29**:

Even if you did something wrong - or even 5 things wrong - there is no need to make a point of it in front of others. He should have pulled you aside and explained what you did wrong and how to improve it next time - if you did something wrong at all!

If he keeps it up, I'd be tempted to mention something to him about his change in attitude towards you since your return.

• image Anner804:
    Hope work is going well tonight. I had to get the H1N1 shot tonight and now working on a grad school paper and watching Grey's and Project Runway. Fun...

Anytime I'm on here during work means that work isn't going so well Stick out tongue I am unchallenged here anyways and when it's this slow, I have no motivation to do anything.

Homework and TV...perfect combination! Well, as long as you aren't struggling with your paper, of course!