June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

hi ladies!

hey, it's cobride.

been mia - work blocked a bunch of sites but it's a snow day today so thought i would stop in and say hi.

how is everyone? any exciting news to share?

cdobs- congrats on the new casa!  

i DO have a random question.

what type of shampoo do you use? my hair is seriously thinning in the front and i'm freaking out a bit about that.

hope all is well!

Re: hi ladies!

• Welcome back!  I just stopped using PaulMitchell Super Skinny because I hated the way it made my hair feel.  I would wash it in the morning and it would feel gross by mid-afternoon. 

The thinning thing may be a sign of stress though.  I tend to lose more hair when I have a lot going on.

• Welcome back!  I use Pantene but I don't think it's awesome or anything.  It's just functionally decent.  Fructis smells nicer, but I do think with Pantene the clean lasts longer.
  • Hello & welcome.  I use Kiss My Face shampoo and conditioner ... which is wonderful.  It is 100% natural and does not contain nasty chemicals like sodium laurel sulfate (which can cause hair loss) and are in most shampoos, soaps, etc.  KMF is also an environmentally friendly company and they do not test on animals.  My hair has never felt better and I love the scent too.  GL!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Welcome back! I lose a ton of hair when I am stressed, too? Anything stressing you more than normal lately?

I use Tresseme. I can't really afford anything super expensive. I think it does a good job. I like to use some Aussie 3 minute treatment once a week, and I think it really helps my hair out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.12
    <a href="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/chaleybeth06/?action=view
  • Hey cobride! Welcome back (for however long it may be!) .

I probably won't be too helpful on the shampoo recs - I use Herbal Essences for shampoo and Tresemme for conditioner.  

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Hey there -- welcome back!

I switch up my shampoo all the time and just buy whatever is on sale and smells good... a mix of Pantene, Herbal Essences and Garnier Fructis usually.  Right now I'm using Pantene Volume Shampoo and Herbel Essences Long Term Relationship Conditioner.

• Hey, how have you been? Hope all is well!

I use the L'Oreal Professional line and swear by it. I am planning to do a blog entry showing my hair when I used drugstore shampoo and my hair now with the LP. The difference is amazing. I prefer it to Kerastase even and it lasts forever.?

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=loreal+professional&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=3032219237&ref=pd_sl_1n4l4em42u_b?

• image angelfire0412:

I use the L'Oreal Professional line and swear by it. I am planning to do a blog entry showing my hair when I used drugstore shampoo and my hair now with the LP. The difference is amazing. I prefer it to Kerastase even and it lasts forever. 

[

Seriously!?!?  I <3 Kerastase but I hate myself a little for spending like $60 on conditioner... My salon is a Kerastase/L'Oreal Professional salon so I know they carry both.  Which products do you use?

• Fancy-yes, it's better IMO!

I only use the shampoo and conditioner. On the link I posted above, I use the Absolut Repair shampoo and conditioner or the ones for color (in the light pink packaging). They are both great. I will say though that I think the smoothing mask (in the lavender packaging) may be better than than the regular conditioner (in the yellow packaging). I bought the tub of conditioner in Feb and I still have a 1/4 left over. It lasts forever. My Kerastase seemed to go really quickly.

One of my BFFs used to do the marketing for Spa 11 (it's kind of famous in beauty circles) and L'Oreal Pro is the line they carried because it's widely considered to be the best. I found out about it because I commented on her hair, which looked amazing. She had switched to this, so I did too and never looked back! (except for once, and I have the pics to prove the difference). highly recommend next time you need to buy shampoo!?

http://www.elevenspa.com/