Cleaning & Organizing
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

so i might start organizing other people's clutter...

How much would you charge an hour? how much would you be willing to pay to have someone help you clear out your clutter and organize it?

thanks!

Re: so i might start organizing other people's clutter...

• not sure, sorry...just wanted to say that I helped a woman from my old church work on her cleaning/clutter & it was CRAZY!!  It was fun but sometimes it's hard...
  • I did this in high school - cleaning/organizing/decluttering. I asked for $10/hour, but I wasn't making a living from it; it was just something to earn a few dollars (like babysitting). My SIL recently started her own business and she is charging $50+/hour, but she lives in the suburbs of a major city. If your serious about it, look into certification - it gives potential clients more confidence and allows you to charge more :-) 
  • If someone was starting out - I'd probably do $20 an hour.  I would probably advertise w/individual hours and package deals.  I personally would pay someone to do this - just our master closet and laundry room.  I just can't seem to get all those clothes to find a home!

image Ellie and Morgan
  • I wasn't planning on making it my ACTUALLY job, just something on the side, like for friends, and friends of friends. I have already done it w/some ppl for free and they said I could charge. A woman at my church heard I could help her out and asked how much I charge. I am not planning on getting insurance or advertising but doing it as a side gig like one would w/babysitting.

thanks for the advice so far.