Decorating & Renovating
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Sharing a strawberry bread recipe

i get raves from ppl whenever i make this, so i thought i'd share it:

v:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} o:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} w:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);} .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);} Normal 0 false false false MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;}

imageStrawberry fun bread

Ingredients:

1/2 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup canola oil
1-10oz package frozen sliced strawberries w/juice, thawed
1 cup sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda

Directions:
-
in mixer bowl, beat egg sub. and oil until blended. add straw., beat until well mixed.

- combine remaining ingredients, add to berry mixture, stirring just enough to moisten flour.

- pour into 2 7x3 loaf pans sprayed w/pam. bake at 350 for 35-45 min.

- test w/toothpick for doneness, remove from oven, let stand 5 min, removed from pan, cool on rack

Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
             imageimageimageimage

Re: Sharing a strawberry bread recipe

• Sounds yummy and not complicated. Thanks for sharing. Does it come out like a cake or like bread....how do you eat it?
  • yeah, super easy! that is why i end up taking it a lot of places. it comes out like moist bread. i just slice it and eat it plain. but if you want to add a few calories, butter tastes great on it too!
                 imageimageimageimage
  • Have you ever made it with fresh strawberries? I love strawberries and bread a LOT, but I feel like I would enjoy the berries more if they were fresh. ?And have you ever used eggs as opposed to egg substitute? ?

?This sounds delicious & if i can use regular strawberries and eggs, I could make it this morning before DH wakes up :)?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

• your Dh is probably up by now, since i'm on the westcoat...but if you used regular strawberries you'd need to add in strawberry juice extra...maybe 1/2-3/4 cup.  I haven't made it that way, so i'm guessing. For the eggs it should be fine to use normal eggs.
                 imageimageimageimage