Seattle Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone use Miller or Rodda paint?

I'm trying to talk DH into painting our kitchen (and maybe living room!) before he goes back to school at the end of September...

I have 2 for 1 coupons from both Miller & Rodda for their environmentally friendly (low-no VOC, low odor, etc) paints.  If you've used one or the other, would you do so again?  We've used Behr for the rest of our house and the colors never look the way I expect. Angry  TIA!

Rebecca :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone use Miller or Rodda paint?

• I've never used Miller, but Rodda is good paint.  I frequently recommend them to my clients.

There are quite a few reasons your colors aren't turning out the way you expect, the biggest culprit being your lighting.  They're easy fixes, though.  Need some help?

• I have never used Miller but Rhodda paint is good. 

I was going to say what Sassy said....lighting is the biggest reason why the paint does not turn out the same way as in the store.  Make sure you look under a light box, they have them at all paint stores.  You can see your paint chip under incandescent, flourescent, natural lighting, and CFL.  That will give you a good idea of how it will look in your house.

DH-NOA confirmed with TESE, ME-Unexplained After 1 Miscarriage, 6 IUI's, our little miracles are here. Proud Parents of Twins. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    We're Finally Three
  • image SassyMcPeaches:

I've never used Miller, but Rodda is good paint.  I frequently recommend them to my clients.

There are quite a few reasons your colors aren't turning out the way you expect, the biggest culprit being your lighting.  They're easy fixes, though.  Need some help?

Some help would be an understatement. ;)  So far of the four colors I have chosen,  three of them are WAY more pastel looking than I expected.  It's SO ANNOYING. 

Also, DH's not on board with my desire to paint the bathroom a shade of plum.  And since my grandma expressed concern that purple might not go with our tile, he's convinced that no shade of purple would look good.  Confused 

I'm going to check out Rodda this week!  Any idea what they usually charge for a can of paint?

• I should add that I now plan to paint a large square on the wall and live with it for a while before DH paints the whole room.  I hope that helps!

• Hey R, email me.  lisa underscore eastman at hotmail dot com

A few quick specific questions and I might be able to give you a specific shade or two to try out via email.  And if you appeal to their logical side, hubbys usually come 'round.  Even to plum...but the right plum is so important!

Oh, and I always recommend getting the little 3 oz. test samples first.

Talk soon!