Houston Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I'm going to try the grocery store, too

Off to wake up DH and make him join in the fun!

Re: I'm going to try the grocery store, too

• ours wasn't bad....the worst part was menuvering around the stockers were were restocking like crazy!
  • mine, too! It was regular Sunday morning crowds, which is to say, not bad at all. Parking was easy to find!

We haven't grocery shopped in a month so we needed a ton of stuff just to restock. It is nice to have a stocked kitchen again!

• We were there last night around 10:30 after leaving dinner. But that was mainly because we needed bread, tonic and limes and didn't want to fight any possible rush today.  We also bought something to grill tonight and some fruit. No batteries, or anything else like that. The kroger on west gray had pallets and pallets and pallets of bottled water outside the store.
  • Well, we have a ton of batteries, so I never buy those anyway. I keep us pretty well stocked when they are on sale. DH's grandmother gave us a battery keeper one year at Christmas (she gives weird gifts).

I did buy bottled water, though. I'm of the mind to just fill up all of our containers with water if there is a storm but I like to keep some cold ones on hand when we have people come do work on the house/service calls. We have a Rainsoft system so our tap water is actually higher quality than bottled.