Omaha Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Pictures from the STL Zoo...

Because I don't dig football, you weirdo Husker fans!  ;)

imageimage

Re: Pictures from the STL Zoo...

• what little cuties. Looks like you guys had fun. Football???? What's that?
  • It was a good time.  I really enjoyed the zoo.  It's no admission, but for $10 each (and the lady was nice and said, "When do they turn two?" to which I responded..."Um, they did in June."  She said, "What, tomorrow?  That's great! so they could get in free!) we could ride the train and all that stuff for free, plus get in to like the kids zoo stuff.

The girls loved every second!

• they charge $10bucks a kid over 2?  Wowzers!  That's steep.  I understand it all goes to a good cause but figured it would be like 6 and above.  I know the zoo here is pricey but most people with kids just get a pass b/c 1 visit would pay for the pass practically.
  • I didn't think that seemed to bad, considering it got you unlimited rides on the train, carousel, all the 3d movies and attractions, etc.  Basically free-roam of the place.  I can't remember what the O zoo cost.
  • We took Abby to the St. Louis Zoo in June, so some of your pictures look familiar!  We got the $10 Safari Pass too.  I think it was worth it to see the sea lion show, ride the train, ride the carousel, etc.  However, we actually felt like the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha was nicer than the STL Zoo despite all the great reviews the STL Zoo has received.  It's pretty hard to compete with the Desert Dome, Aquarium, Rainforest, etc. IMO. 

Did you let the girls go in the goat petting area in the children's zoo?  Surprisingly Abby didn't mind touching and petting the goats after being absolutely terrifed of the Looney Tunes characters at Six Flags the day before.   I figured a 4-legged animal with horns would be more threatening than Bugs Bunny!  Apparently not!

• I'm not sure I think STL is nicer than Omaha's zoo.  It's just our only option.  LOL!  And, it is cheaper!  $20 for everything and we only spent $28 total for drinks, lunch, and ice cream.  That's always a plus.

The girls are really kind of anti-animal, which made us nervous about visiting the zoo at all.  But they didn't seem to mind most of the exhibits.  We didn't let them pet the goats, only because we were afraid they would get really scared (they HATE dogs, and a goat is about the size of my Dad's yellow lab).

They did NOT want to leave the Children's Zoo.

• Also, I think the Omaha zoo is nicer in part, due to the fact that is not free general admission.  Anyone can enter the place. 
  • image jeana&brandon:
    I didn't think that seemed to bad, considering it got you unlimited rides on the train, carousel, all the 3d movies and attractions, etc.  Basically free-roam of the place.  I can't remember what the O zoo cost.

OOOOOH!  I didn't realize you got all that included in the price.  I thought it was like O! $ to get in $ to ride the carousel, $ for everything.  10 bucks is a steal then.

• Looks like you all had a lot of fun.  I can't believe how talls the girls are getting.  Wow!
  • Looks like they had a great time!
    Tied the knot: 6.19.04 Mommy to 3 awesome kids: Maren 3/06, Tommy 12/07 amd Kolbe 8/09