Nest Book Club
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

? about Midnight Sun

WHy would she post the 12 chapters on her website?
BabyFruit Ticker Melissa&Kenny 10/21/06

Re: ? about Midnight Sun

• She claims it is in an attempt to control it now that it is already out there.
    image Emily 7-10-04
    My Food Blog Visit The Nest!
  • What a great question!
    image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yeah but if she isn't going to finish it Y put it out there for everyone to read, fall in love with and then NOTHING.
  • I think maybe because the copy that was originally release had a missing page and was out of order.  If she posts it she can at least fix those errors.

I'm not sure that really there was a good way handle the situation.  Certaintly it could have been handled better but I'm not sure anyway was a great way.  She didn't respond to the leak for a week and people were irritated with that too! 

imageimageimage
  • The more I've thought about it today, it just makes me that much more sad. I'm really upset that there's a 'chance' she won't finish it. Hopefully, the theory that she's doing this to generate more buzz is true... although, I don't really agree with the way she's going at it!
  • It's just funny because...

1. The number of fans who knew about this leak was pretty small. It's only the online fan sites that really knew about it, and, of those, only about half of the people were reading it. I have some students who are RABID fans and not one of them had any idea about the leak. It's a small % of people who actually knew about it. It seems like a lot to us, because we are in the part who knew, but it was not very widespread among her entire fan base.

2. Her fans seem to be pretty loyal. It seems that if she had asked people asap to stop spreading it, stop reading it, etc, for the most part, people would have.

That's why I am confused why she put it up there.

image image image
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Another thing why is she punishing us for reading it when SHE is the one who gave it to someone. She knows how big/loyal her fan base is and this is not how you  treat them It wasn't stolen it was leaked by someone she trusted. 

• image Melissa8202:

Another thing why is she punishing us for reading it when SHE is the one who gave it to someone. She knows how big/loyal her fan base is and this is not how you  treat them It wasn't stolen it was leaked by someone she trusted. 

Exactly!  That is why I think this whole thing is shady! 

• I think it's part of the pouty-"This is what you would have gotten, so there" type of behavior she has been displaying. It's like a "screw you, this is what you won't see any more of." I think it's silly that she did post it- a dis-service to herself in the long run. She may as well give up writing if she refuses to put out books that will make her money.  
    image image
    Izzy and Baby A ~ Adorable Punks
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ugh... this just infuriates me.  I hadn't read the leak because I wanted to reread Twilight before reading that, so now I'm relieved I haven't.  But I do have issues with the fact that she would tease her fans like this if she really is planning to discontinue all work on this project permanently.  That's just not playing fair in any way.

Sounds like it would've hooked me totally had I read it, so now I'm sitting on it until I decide if I can read it and deal with not knowing if/when I'll get the actual book in my hands, or if it's just going to be something I won't be able to read because the incompletion will bother me.  We'll see what happens.

• image Melissa8202:

Another thing why is she punishing us for reading it when SHE is the one who gave it to someone. She knows how big/loyal her fan base is and this is not how you  treat them It wasn't stolen it was leaked by someone she trusted. 

I couldn't agree with this more. I hate that I feel punished because it was leaked. I never even read it and now I don't want to go to the website and read it because I don't want to fall in love with it and know that I will never get to finish the book.