Entertaining Ideas
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Pls help w/ apps menu

Hi All~

I always appreciate the help I get each time I come here!

I'm having 12 people over for a get-together at our new condo this weekend.  Two of them are vegetarians.  Can you let me know if this is enough food (going for the appetizer theme again):

• Crab Fondue
  • chili con queso dip (veg.)
  • hummus w/ veggies and naan (veg.)
  • cheese platter (veg.)
  • italian meats platter (salami, proscuitto, etc...)
  • smoked salmon
  • cajun mix (spicy sort of chex mix) (veg.)
  • fresh fruit (veg.)
  • raspberry chocolate ganache cake (veg.)

I'm thinking I could use one or two more dishes.  I like meatballs and weiners, but want something fancier than that (no, not even pigs in a blanket). :)

Appreciate your help!  Thanks!
~Megan

Re: Pls help w/ apps menu

• Just wanted to say, as a vegetarian, you have a good mix in there. Good job!
    [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2m6jyp4.jpg[/IMG]
  • Thanks so much!  I appreciate the feedback!  let me know if you can think of any other ideas!

Thanks!
  • I think that's plenty:) I've done meatballs cooked in a crock pot with teriyaki sauce... mmm...
  • I love stuffed mushrooms. I usually do them with meat but you could just fill with herbs, cheese (ricotta base) and breadcrumbs. Just take the stems from mushrooms (I like to use porcinis, baby portobellos) and then put in oven opening side up for about 10 min under 350-400 heat, take out and dump out liquid -- this is how you don't have soggy stuffed shrooms.

Then fill and bake until the filling is hot and browning.

Sorry I'm not much for recipes.

Caprese skewers are good too - get long frilly toothpicks, half pear/grape tomatos, spear alternating with small mozz balls, then drizzle with evoo and balsamic and top with basil chiffonade

• Oh yeah and I LOVED these as a kid (vegetarian)

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,191,159161-242192,00.html

You could also do a spinach/artichoke dip with pita chips. Easy and popular.