Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

staying within WW Points?

Does it get an easier? I am having trouble staying under 32 points. That is using 5 flex everday and earning 5 with exercise. I need to get some 0 point snacks ASAP

Re: staying within WW Points?

• Yeah - it gets easier.  Soon, you will have an idea of what foods will make you full for the least amount of points.  Also, you probably won't feel as hungry after a time.

Also, you figure out good snacks for small amounts of points.  For instance, I love the typical fruit/veggies, but I also found that Fiber One bars were satisfying and curbed my sugar fixation.  Also, the Laughing Cow Light cheese wedges with 8 or 9 Reduced Fat Wheat Thins make a good snack.

Good luck!

• Yes, it gets easier as you learn what point value everything is.  I typically don't use my exercise points (I generally earn 5 too).  For lunch I make myself a really big salad and load it with 0 point veggies and then put a little dressing on it and a lot of salsa (0 points) and then turkey deli meat on it.  I will have a progresso soup (0 points) as well. Then I am getting full but not using points so I can use them for other meals/snacks.

Those Arnold Sandwich Thins are only 1 point so you can get an entire sandwich for hardly any points.  Other things that are filling and 1 point are light english muffins, egg whites, light laughing cow cheese and the 100 Calorie Pack Dipped Oreo Bars (not filling but good 1 point chocolate fix).

• Agree w/pp, it will get easier. I've just recently added Fiber One bars and nonfat greek yogurt as snacks. They fill me up and are healthy snacks. Greek yogurt has lots of protein too.  Also make sure you are drinking lots and lots of water. I usually drink over 100oz of water a day and that does keep me filled up too.

If you post what you are eating during the day, maybe we can help you with alternatives that are lower in points.

• Small snack/breakfast before thy gym this week it has been a vita top and milk--2pts

other days it is cereal and milk for 4pts

Breakfast after gym is cereal and milk or Enlish muffin and peanut butter and jelly  9 points-- I know this is high I am going to find light english muffins next time but I need the milk and peanut butter after my workouts

Lunch today was pasta, marinara small portion of meatloaf (WW recipe) 10 pts

Snack grapes and cottage cheese 3 pts

Tonight for dinner I am having turkey chili in a taco shell with lots of spinach, low fat greek yogurt and low fat cheese 8pts

32-34 points for the 3rd day in a row

Yesterday was similar but I had meatloaf, corn and a salad for dinner

and I had a green smoothie

• It takes a little while to figure out lower point alternatives. I almost never eat packaged foods like 100-calorie foods or the ww bars. I find f1 yogurt, fruits, or veggies fill me up with fewer or no points. I also eat a lot of meat alternatives than real meat/poultry. For example, a Boca burger w/ a light bun, loaded up with mustard, lettuce, tomatoes is only 2 pts. I'm only allowed 18 pts. a day and I never eat my AP. I can only eat about half my WP (which I save for the weekends) or I won't lose weight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ditto everyone who said find some 0-1 point snacks.  My favorite right now are cucumbers and bell peppers.

I get 23 points a day and try my very hardest not to go over that.  If I do it's by a point or two. 

I haven't dipped into my activity points at all during the 3 wks I've been on the program.  So far I've lost 7+ lbs.

• Try the whole wheat double fiber Thomas' English Muffins - they are good and seriously like 2pts (can't remember exactly).

Also, there is a whole wheat Lender's bagel that is only like 3pts - put a little low-fat veggie cream cheese on it, add zero point soup, and you have a super filling lunch for no points.

The trick is - as you lose weight/get closer to your goal, you have less points to go on.  I'm at 20pts/day now, and I am finding it a bit harder.

• image smpollly:

Small snack/breakfast before thy gym this week it has been a vita top and milk--2pts

other days it is cereal and milk for 4pts

Breakfast after gym is cereal and milk or Enlish muffin and peanut butter and jelly  9 points-- I know this is high I am going to find light english muffins next time but I need the milk and peanut butter after my workouts

Lunch today was pasta, marinara small portion of meatloaf (WW recipe) 10 pts

Snack grapes and cottage cheese 3 pts

Tonight for dinner I am having turkey chili in a taco shell with lots of spinach, low fat greek yogurt and low fat cheese 8pts

32-34 points for the 3rd day in a row

Yesterday was similar but I had meatloaf, corn and a salad for dinner

and I had a green smoothie

Try PB2, it's powdered and you mix it w/ water. 50 calories, 2g fat, 0g fiber. I just got it and I'm loving it. There aren't any stores near me that sell it so I had to order it off their website. I bought a pack of 4 but I'm wishing I'd bought more since each container is 16 servings.

http://www.bellplantation.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It does, hang in there.

• Ditto the PB2-however, you cannot 'store' it already mixed. It gets sort of icky... Takes a bit to get used to, but it can be worth it!

I do a lot of wheat waffles and PB & SF Jam for breakfast or eggbeaters w veggies in them and a WW bagel in the am.  The Greek Yogurt is good-sometimes, I add cereal in it for more texture. VERY filling!

It does get easier, although I'm re-starting... again. I never ate my activity points, but it's nice to know they're there.  I also try to not eat after 7-8pm, but will have some decaf or hot tea afterwards.

GL!