Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Took a hard fall on my run this morning!

Two blocks from home I bit it, HARD.  I tripped over the sidewalk and almost landed on my face.  My hands and knees are really scraped up.  I tell you what....I forgot how much scrapes hurt!  I understand why kids scream so much!!  It happened this morning and it's still stinging a bit.

The area I live in has old sidewalks which are really uneven because tree roots are growing under them.  I really need to learn how to pay attention and pick up my feet! 

Re: Took a hard fall on my run this morning!

• That stinks!  If it makes you feel better:

I tripped over a sprinkler head once and totally face-planted.  Good thing you don't get scrapes from grass!

A friend of mine once tripped on the sidewalk too - and she had her dog with her.  THe dog's leash was tied to her waist.  When she fell, the dog spooked and took off - dragging my friend several feet!

Hope you feel better!

• Whoa be careful. I'm glad nothing broke or was sprained.
  • oh no, that stinks!! ?I hope your cuts heal soon.

?

I was out for my long run a year ago - I had been having some knee pain so this was my first run in a few weeks, and when I say "long" I think I was aiming for 4 miles? ?Anyway, I got two blocks from our house, tripped, fell and sort of skidded into the street - ?thank goodness it was a Sunday and early, bc we live in the city and its normally a busy intersection! ?Anyway - my hand was scraped wide open (like it didn't scab over for several days), my knees, shins,elbows, and hips were all scraped pretty bad. ?I have no idea how I even fell so that all that got scraped. ?It was awful. ?My pride hurt the worst though!

so, lesson is - it happens to everyone I think!?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ouch!  Glad you're okay!
  • Oh no!  Good thing it's just scrapes (although you're right they DO really hurt!) and not anything more serious. 
  • That's exactly how our neighborhood is, and I know the day is coming where I do the same thing.
    People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling.
  • I trip at least once every run...but I've never gone down.

True story: in high school, I ran track with my friend Ashley, who was like super track star.  She was graceful and tall and lean, like a professional athlete.  But this girl would do the most ridiculous, clumsy things.  Once during practice, she jogged onto a rake.  It jumped up and hit her in the face, like in cartoons.  She's also been hit in the head with more soccer balls than I can count.  She did get a scholarship for track to Brown though, so perhaps there is something to all the clumsiness...