June 2008 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Money issues

We got our first paycheck of our new contracts today... mine went up $130 a month because I went up on the step scale. I went down to the payroll office at the BOE because I knew the amount I made was WAY too low. Turns out, I'm not getting extended day yet because no one in the county is. The "board" hasn't approved the extended day budget yet. So, I said to the payroll lady, "So once the budget is approved, I will be backpayed for all of the days since August 3 that I've worked on extended day?" Her reply: "No, we haven't heard anything about back paying."

WHAT!!?!? That's illegal. They aren't paying anyone who signed a contract for extended day their extended day pay.

On top of all of that, my T6 won't be effective until probably November. I will be back payed until August 5th, though, because that's the day on my diploma.

I happened to run in to my principal at Kroger after I left the board. She reassured me that the lady in payroll is a DA ,and I will be back payed for my extended day. She had no clue this was going on, and she's calling her supervisor tomorrow.

I will be calling PAGE (our insurance/union type organization) if they give me the shaft on this.

Good news- I thought the amount I was paid this month included my extended day, so I will be making that plus my T6 level pay... eventually... which will mean about $600 net more a month. Smile

Re: Money issues

• Wow that is a lot extra per month!

That is certainly illegal about the extended day thing so it sounds like something you could fight if they did try to shaft you.

You are really lucky about being backpayed for your new degree though... my district only lets you jump on the pay scale for credits/ a degree in September and March. I will be getting my diploma in May but won't get any raise until September Sad

Colleen & Matt 6/29/08
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.