June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Weddings...on the "inside"

Re: Weddings...on the "inside"

• There was a show on E about prision weddings or women in love with men who will be in prison for the rest of their lives.

I think due to educational background I find it interesting how this occurs.  Thanks for the find...I had no idea anything like this even exisited!

• crazyy, where do you find this stuff??
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/megs1383/4443972791_4c93e2a3c2_m.jpg[/IMG]

Baby #1 EDD 11/13/13
  • I found it fascinating. For instance, if "your man" is sentenced for a long time, chances are he did something pretty bad. If you were in that situation, would you stay with him? Have a prison wedding? If it's a short sentence, why not wait?? 

Also, P&Eers would have a field day with some of them who are still planning on the pretty princess day once he gets out as their "real wedding."

Plus it's comedy gold: "We even had a member here once who got married in a beautiful strapless dress, but she wore one of those half sweaters with it. I believe they call them smugs." 

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • I want to know what the he-double hockey sticks you're doing on "PrisonTalk.com"
  • It's amazing how some of them stay with a person they don't really know and someone who is going to be incarcerated for many years.  I think one said that he's in for 19 years....that wasn't a minor crime if he's in for 19 years.
  • "My fiance proposed to me on Sept 22 2008 and was incarcarated on 11 29 2008...So he gave me a ring (3 carats) and a promise to be his wife prior to going to prison."

Think he went to prison b/c he stole the 3 carat ring?

• image hopscotch.:
    I want to know what the he-double hockey sticks you're doing on "PrisonTalk.com"

Where do you think my H got his tat???!  

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • And they all have tickers that stay stuff like "9 years till my baby comes home!" and stuff.

I couldn't do it.

TTC since Sept. 2011
    DX: MFI
    IUI#1 8/2012: BFN
    IUI#2 9/2012: BFN
    IUI#3 10/2012: BFN
    IVF#1 (2 embryos transferred) 1/2013: BFN
    IVF#2 (2 embryos transferred) 5/2013: BFP!!!  EDD 1/24/14
    Beta 1 (5/17) - 66.8 Beta 2 (5/21) - 341 Beta 3 (5/27) - 2771
    1st u/s 6/7 - measuring right on track at 7 weeks with 144 bpm!
    1/20/14 - Our sweet girl joined our family!
    Lilypie - (AERO)

My Local Nestie Besties: JenniferLuvsCandy, MABride0808, thecuddleeffect, MrsHo1030
  • I particularly like the tickers... 12 years, 8 months, 22 days until my husband's home with me... weird.

But on a sort of related note, I feel so sad for the fiancee of the craigslist murderer that was a few months ago.  I was thinking about how messed up I would be after something like that.  To find out that the man you love and plan on spending the rest of your life with, had murdered someone.  The media reamed her for standing by him and saying he was wrongfully accused, but when I really think about it, I would probably stand by DH and then after finding out facts, I would be inconsolable.

Very sad, I'm glad DH is a good guy haha!

• Understatement of the year...one person wrote in response to getting married in a California prison, "It of course isn't the ideal place to get married..."