Philadelphia Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Roman Polanski

Have we discussed?

I think he is a coward, and these Hollywood-types that are signing all sorts of petitions are making me sick.

Re: Roman Polanski

• I agree he is cowardly. I am annoyed that he is getting backed by hollywood because he is talented.

• Basically having only watched the HBO documentary about it, it seems like he is an ass, but there was some shady dealing on the legal side as well.  I kind of feel like if you plea to terms, you plea to terms.  I'm not a fan of activist judges who take matters into their own hands -- that isn't how our legal system is supposed to work.

Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • There's a long post on ML about it.  I think he should be pardoned and released.
  • I should say, not that he isn't a sleaze.  But I'm all about precedents and stuff. Plus, the fact that the victim settled with him and wants it dropped.  The victim should have some say.

Baby Numbers 11.8.10 The Sequel on or around 10.13.12
  • i haven't paid enough attention to it and don't know many of the details.  But I agree with Amy - the victim really wants this to end and I think that it should end.

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/mjodh1.jpg[/IMG] Hi Francey!
  • leave the D-bag in whatever country he is in....one less a$$hole our legal system will have to support w/ our tax dollars
    [IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/2iwabh1.jpg[/IMG]
  • i think he should have to complete his sentence.  i don't think you can really take the victims feelings about ending the case or his talents as an artist should be a factor.  i guess my bottom line is that he broke the law and he should have to serve his time. 
    image Ridin dirty
  • image Tianacheron:
    i think he should have to complete his sentence.  i don't think you can really take the victims feelings about ending the case or his talents as an artist should be a factor.  i guess my bottom line is that he broke the law and he should have to serve his time. 

I agree. Ok, the victim wants the charges dropped, and they settled out of court - fine. The thing I have the biggest issue with is the fact that he FLED the country and is considered a fugitive. So he broke the law again! He needs to be held accountable for that crime.

• Ditto Tiana and IB.  He pled guilty to a lesser charge and then fled

Besides the fact I think he's a giant a-hole, he still broke the law.  What if Michael Vick had skipped out on his sentence and was arrested 20 years later in France - would everyone be 'oh let him go"?  I think not

DS 3.12.08
    DD 7.11.09
    DD 8.01.13