Houston Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Preservative free flu shot??

My OB's office is having trouble getting flu shots sent to them, so they wrote me a prescription to go get one at Walgreens.  Problem is, the prescription says to get the preservative-free version, and I can't find that anywhere yet.  Have any of you gotten that shot, and if so, where?

Thanks!!!

After 2 years and 6 IUIs, we did it with IVF w/ ICSI!
BFP with no treatment!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Preservative free flu shot??

• I got it yesterday at the Walgreens off of Kirby and Holcombe.  I didn't need a prescription.  It's $5 more. 

They also "should" have it at the Take care clinic at the Walgreens off of W Gray and Woodhead (?). 

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • I got it at the Randall's pharmacy after calling around.  Good luck!
  • I'm pretty sure that Kroger has preservative free ones.
    Kelly, Mom to Noah 8.27.05 (born at 26 weeks)
  • Does anyone know if these are required for pregnant ladies?  They have free flu shots at work next week and I was just going to get one of those, but not sure now if I need to go elsewhere??
  • image princessmah:
    Does anyone know if these are required for pregnant ladies?  They have free flu shots at work next week and I was just going to get one of those, but not sure now if I need to go elsewhere??

The CDC website says it isn't, but I have a call into my OB office to find out if I can get the regular one.  

BFP with no treatment!
  • image Cajun_gal:

image princessmah:
    Does anyone know if these are required for pregnant ladies?  They have free flu shots at work next week and I was just going to get one of those, but not sure now if I need to go elsewhere??

The CDC website says it isn't, but I have a call into my OB office to find out if I can get the regular one.  

If you don't mind, will you let me know what your OB says?  Thanks!

• image princessmah:

This is from the CDC website.  I was going to get a regular shot, but when I got to the Walgreens near work, they told me that it's no recommended and prefer that I got a preservative free one and told me the locations that would have it.

Is it safe for pregnant women to receive an influenza vaccine that contains thimerosal?

Yes. A study of influenza vaccination examining over 2,000 pregnant women demonstrated no adverse fetal effects associated with influenza vaccine. Case reports and limited studies indicate that pregnancy can increase the risk for serious medical complications of influenza. One study found that out of every 10,000 women in their third trimester of pregnancy during an average flu season, 25 will be hospitalized for flu related complications.

Lisa. mommy to Emmy and Ally image
  • image princessmah:
    image Cajun_gal:

image princessmah:

If you don't mind, will you let me know what your OB says?  Thanks!

I just got the call back saying the regular flu shot is fine.  I'll probably go get mine tomorrow.

BFP with no treatment!