June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Someone talk me down

So, I know some of you know about the fight I had with my friend "M" due to his asking me if I liked his GF "S".  M and my H are best friends, I kind of skirted around the question because I can't effing stand her, and now he won't talk to me.
I'm friends with everybody in this office. We're all best friends - I love everybody here. But sometimes your best friends start coming into work late, and start having dentist appointments that aren't dentist appointments. And that's when it is nice to let them know that you can beat them up.

Re: Someone talk me down

• thank you, nest, for posting that before i was done.

anywho, i'm now angry. very angry. i'm mad that he backed me into a corner by asking me that question. i'm mad that he asked me while i was drunk, which as he knows, leaves me very loose lipped. i'm mad that he's now acting shady about it.

someone keep me from emailing him and telling him he's an assshole.

I'm friends with everybody in this office. We're all best friends - I love everybody here. But sometimes your best friends start coming into work late, and start having dentist appointments that aren't dentist appointments. And that's when it is nice to let them know that you can beat them up.
  • Don't email him! Let him cool off. Yeah it was douchey for him to even ask that question if he's not going to like the answer, but he'll get over it. If you do anything now it will just make it worse. 
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • would it help to write the email, get it off your chest and send it to someone else so you don't damage the relationship? If you need someone to send it to I can give you my address.
  • well, wasn't that obnoxious? lol...

That being said, I've been IMing my coworker all day back and forth about this, so I don't know if an e-mail not sent to him would help right now.  I'm going thru the grief stages haha... I was sad yesterday, then worried, now angry... I'm sure if I just don't think about it, I'll cool down... I'm just so ripped right now I could cry.

• I think you should let him cool off, but I also think you should write him an e-mail, but not quite like the one you're talking about. I'd tell him that you're upset that he's not speaking to you and that you value his friendship blah blah blah. Basically, I would try to take the focus away from his sucky gf. The bottom line is that he's going to choose her over you anyway. But you don't want to be in a situation where you're responsible for damaging his friendship with your H. You can't win anyway so you might as well just suck it up until he realizes on his own that she sucks.

I totally know where you're coming from. Part of our friends issue is that most of the people we are friends with who are in couples are paired with someone who SUCKS and we just can't really stand to be around.

image image
    October 2013 February Siggy Challenge: Valentine's Day Fail Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    EDD 10/3/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • That wasnt fair of him to corner you like that, esp if he's gonna act like a baby if he doesnt like your opinion. Try venting to other people rather than confront him. Maybe he's one of those people that just needs time to cool off before he talks to you again...

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/megs1383/4443972791_4c93e2a3c2_m.jpg[/IMG]

Baby #1 EDD 11/13/13
  • And also - the nest + your subject made it look like you were going to jump off a building instead of writing an angry e-mail. I was all prepared to do something serious talking. I need to save my "don't commit suicide" for another post I guess. sigh.
    image image
    October 2013 February Siggy Challenge: Valentine's Day Fail Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    EDD 10/3/13 BabyFetus Ticker
  • Haha, for reals Z, I'm ready to jump.  I'm playing "Jumper" by Third Eye Blind over and over again on Youtube.
  • Something similar happened to me. I was drunk and told a friend from college that I didn't particularly like his girlfriend (he asked). After a few frustrating conversations, we never spoke again. Of course, I think this friend was also upset that I had started dating who is now DH and he had always had a thing for me.

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2nqdy12.jpg[/IMG]
  • image stjoespirit04:
    Haha, for reals Z, I'm ready to jump.  I'm playing "Jumper" by Third Eye Blind over and over again on Youtube.

Don't forget "Everybody Hurts" 

image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • image mamie329:

image stjoespirit04:
    Haha, for reals Z, I'm ready to jump.  I'm playing "Jumper" by Third Eye Blind over and over again on Youtube.

Don't forget "Everybody Hurts" 

I only play Everybody Hurts when I'm alone in my car.

I also only play Kick Start my Heart when I'm in the backseat of Jim's car getting ready for a sale. I like to bang my head repeatedly against the cushion in front of me.  But... that's just me.