June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Wednesday Gripes.

Re: Wednesday Gripes.

• The rain needs to stop NOW!
  • Right now I have 2. I figure as the day goes on, I will probably have several.

1) My boss just strolls into work at 9 every day. I get here around 8-8:30 which is pretty much expected of me, but again, he has no idea what time I come in bc he's never here when I am. Then I feel guilty when I leave before him at night. I shouldn't feel guilty, but I do.

2)New England cold weather. The summer is humid as hell and my skin is great. The second it starts to get cool out my skin is basically falling off bc it's so dry. I can't handle it. I literally go through a bottle of lotion once a week. It gets expensive.

• Shag - I HATE the dryness up here in the winter.  My skin and hair loved FL.  My hair gives me the biggest problem.  Since its curly it likes moisture.  In the winter it doesn't stay as curly as I like and is limp by the end of the day.

I have a lot of errands to do today, but no major gripes.  I'm getting really excited about my trip to NY this weekend!

• DH needs to go to the dentist.  (I have has dental problems in the past $$), so I'm being strong about this.  Last night, he knocked off a chunk (yes, a chunk) of tarter build-up, on his lower back teeth.   Grrr...Just go to the dentist and get your teeth cleaned.
  • My hair really wavey. In the summer it's frizzy bc of the moisture and in the winter it's static city. Pretty terrible.
  • OK, I have a gripe...I swear when my husband loads the dishwasher he takes whatever he has in his hand and tries to find the most random placement for it.  There are bowls on both shevles, in ever which direction, cups randomly placed, plates on the left and right....  This drives me nuts because to fit anything into it I have to rearrange it.  Its like a 5 year old was putting stuff away. 
  • our dishwasher is broken, and when my husband does the dishes he leaves chunks of food on the plates.  Like, huge chunks. Can't miss them. This isn't me being anal...this is a sanitary issue!!

Philly, I almost vomited at the chunk of tartar. Bleh... If i get off my cycle of going to the dentist every 6 months I start to have excessive nightmares about my teeth falling out.  I say excessive because I usually have at least one dream a week like that anyway.

• hopeblue, please send the rain this way. shag, I'll take the cold weather too.

My weather-related gripe is that it's still so. friggin'. hot. I ran out of cute summery work clothes already and I'm just SICK of wearing what I have. I spend my days staring longingly at my sweaters and cute slacks, just praying for the second when I'll get to wear them outside and not have heat stroke...

I also would like more hours in the day.

Photobucket
  • I have a crapload of cleaning to do today, plus I have to run to the store and make dinner. Yet here I sit. And DH will be home in an hour, be up my butt about "what are we going to do tonighhhhht?" since he has off work. I hate having to entertain him. 
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • Today is Dh's birthday and I still have not bought a gift.

TMI: Af is on her way and I am not feeling the greatest and really don't want to go to work.

• Sorry Dandy.  Yes, I know it is gross.  I refuse to kiss him until he goes to the dentist.  I'm the same way, I use to not care about my teeth, then all hell broke loose, and now I'm like the dentist activist! 
  • I am really aggravated with the bank I interviewed with last Monday. I am supposed to find out either way about the job. HR is supposed to send a letter if I don't get it, and the lady is supposed to call if I do get it. I guess in this case, no news is probably good news. But, I am just so stinkin' antsy. I followed up yesterday by calling and forgot to leave my number, how big if a fvcktard can I be. Sad
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.12
    <a href="http://s205.photobucket.com/albums/bb264/chaleybeth06/?action=view
  • I've come to terms that HR in general is terrible at a lot of companies when it comes to hiring. Husband is in the process of switching hospitals and he knows he has the job at the new place, but HR is just taking their sweet ass time sending his papers through and calling his references. This has literally been a 2 month process and still, no official offer letter, even though he's 100% sure he has the job.
  • Today is gorgeous here, it's 64 degrees. Wee!!! I've already taken the kids on a long walk to the playground and it's just so nice to feel the cool weather.

BUT...

I'm irritated that my stupid dvr didn't record The Hills last night! :(

So now after searching the internet like a stalker trying to watch it (I refuse to fill out those freaky weird surveys so I can *maybe* watch the episode I want), I have to wait until it comes back on at 8:30 tonight.

But I am not complaining--if that's my biggest problem in life, I have it good.

?

• That is what I have been hearing from a lot of people. My BIL got hired by this same company a few months ago (and has since moved on to bigger and better things) and it took them a while to get in touch with him. I just want this job so bad. . . DH has been telling me to be patient and it will be ok.
  • My biggest gripe is that I make a decent amount of money and I still feel like I don't have enough because my student loan payments are so high. Of course this is my own fault for trying to pay them off in 10 years instead of 30.
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2nqdy12.jpg[/IMG]
  • coleman--that's the story of my life. It's the reason why I have 2 jobs. I get paid well at my normal full time job which would just cover all my bills. I waitress a couple nights a week so I can have fun and not worry about money all the time.

Biggest regret - going to a very expensive private college and paying for every cent of it on my own. I am burried in student loan debt.

• I am also buried in student loans.

My biggest regret - I had my tuition payed for all four years by this program in WV called Promise Scholarships. I won it in high school for great grades and an awesome ACT score. I lost it my freshman year because I tried to take more hours than I should have and being very ill prepared for college. I have turned around since then and make awesome grades once again. Too bad you can't get it back.

• imageshagadelk7:

coleman--that's the story of my life. It's the reason why I have 2 jobs. I get paid well at my normal full time job which would just cover all my bills. I waitress a couple nights a week so I can have fun and not worry about money all the time.

Biggest regret - going to a very expensive private college and paying for every cent of it on my own. I am burried in student loan debt.

Kudos to you for working two jobs. I can barely survive my one.

My biggest regret is similar to yours. I don't regret the expensive private undergrad so much because I don't owe nearly as much for that as I owe from the expensive private Masters program. I should've gone straight to the Ph.D. Ugh.

I was lucky enough to get an NIH loan repayment award last year that pays $70K of my loans back over 2 years. It's great, but even with that it's still gonna take 10 years to pay it back. I'm applying for a renewal, so if I get that, it'll only take me 5 more years. Wish me luck!

• Kaley - I didn't realize you lived in WV. A very close friend of mine went to WVU (I met him while studying abroad). I went to Morgantown for a weekend while in college. Morgantown is an awesome small town. I had an amazing time that weekend.
  • imageshagadelk7:
    I've come to terms that HR in general is terrible at a lot of companies when it comes to hiring. Husband is in the process of switching hospitals and he knows he has the job at the new place, but HR is just taking their sweet ass time sending his papers through and calling his references. This has literally been a 2 month process and still, no official offer letter, even though he's 100% sure he has the job.

This happened to me, I had the job but didn't "have" it in HR's eyes for 5 months.  It sucked, but my boss is making it worth it for me.

• imageshagadelk7:

1) My boss just strolls into work at 9 every day. I get here around 8-8:30 which is pretty much expected of me, but again, he has no idea what time I come in bc he's never here when I am. Then I feel guilty when I leave before him at night. I shouldn't feel guilty, but I do.

Ditto... I get here everyday around 7:30 and feel guilty for leaving at 5 or 5:30 when by boss strolls in around 8:45 or 9 and leaves around 6 or 6:30 most days.  its the same thing but I prefer to be home earlier and have to get up when I do anyway.

2) I need to quit with the sugar cravings.  Last night I made lemon yogurt pound cake with raspberry sauce - sure it was delicious and I made it with ff yogurt but still did I need cake?  Nope.  This morning, I stopped by the grocery store for Fiber 1 bars for breakfast... did I really need the bag of candy corn pumpkins?  Nope but yesterday's poll made me crave them so I bought them and ate half the bag anyway.

• imagevhcoleman09:
    imageshagadelk7:

coleman--that's the story of my life. It's the reason why I have 2 jobs. I get paid well at my normal full time job which would just cover all my bills. I waitress a couple nights a week so I can have fun and not worry about money all the time.

My biggest regret is similar to yours. I don't regret the expensive private undergrad so much because I don't owe nearly as much for that as I owe from the expensive private Masters program. I should've gone straight to the Ph.D. Ugh.

I was lucky enough to get an NIH loan repayment award last year that pays $70K of my loans back over 2 years. It's great, but even with that it's still gonna take 10 years to pay it back. I'm applying for a renewal, so if I get that, it'll only take me 5 more years. Wish me luck!

What is an NIH repayment award? I owe about $85K, which I pay about $800 a month between the 2 loans. $25k or so is federal loans which I pay $200 a month for for 10 years, the other $60K or so is private. I pay $600 a month on that one for 20 years. I think I end up paying back something like $145K after  I am finished paying it.

• Don't feel bad Shag - between H and myself, we're somewhere in the range of $210k in student loans (his school was ~45k a year with no help from his rents, nor the school - I got massive grants from my school, so I only paid around 10 a year).  But, this is why we pay about $1500 a month in student loans. Which is why we can't buy a house.

Nice vicious cycle I've got goin' on here.

I'm friends with everybody in this office. We're all best friends - I love everybody here. But sometimes your best friends start coming into work late, and start having dentist appointments that aren't dentist appointments. And that's when it is nice to let them know that you can beat them up.
  • imageshagadelk7:

What is an NIH repayment award? I owe about $85K, which I pay about $800 a month between the 2 loans. $25k or so is federal loans which I pay $200 a month for for 10 years, the other $60K or so is private. I pay $600 a month on that one for 20 years. I think I end up paying back something like $145K after  I am finished paying it.

https://www.lrp.nih.gov/index.aspx 

Basically, you agree to conduct research (what I do anyway) for 2 years. They pay up to $70K for those 2 years (depending on how much you owe), and you can renew as often as necessary (though the whole process is pretty competitive). $85K doesn't seem so bad! I owed $168K when I finished school last year and now I'm down to $133K, and I pay $1400/month.

• imageshagadelk7:
    Kaley - I didn't realize you lived in WV. A very close friend of mine went to WVU (I met him while studying abroad). I went to Morgantown for a weekend while in college. Morgantown is an awesome small town. I had an amazing time that weekend.

Morgantown is a great little place. I have tons of friends from high school who went to college there. I was going to go there but decided to stay closer to home. I go to Marshall University. Like the We are Marshall school. The Mathew McConaughey (totally butchered that, I think) movie.

• imageshagadelk7:
    imagevhcoleman09:
    imageshagadelk7:

I will never ever again complain about my student loans. I'm on the 10 year plan and paying $150 for my undergrad and $200 for my masters.  Pennies compared to what you are paying.

• I'm taking an individual tax class right now and I have a chapter that needs to be done today since class is tomorrow.  I have no motivation or desire to do anything.  I need to stop being such a lazy arse and get the chapter completed.

Holy crap! $1200 a month in student loans! That's crazy!