June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Vent: Irresponsible Breeders

I can't stand irresponsible pet breeders.  Just because you have a male and female dog and you want some extra money, doesn't mean you should breed the two dogs and decide to sell them.  I have a friend I went to college with who is now advertising on Facebook that her female dog is pregnant and will be having puppies that are ready in December.   

Breeding should be left to people who are truly passionate about it and know anything and everything about the breed, how to breed RESPONSIBLY, are licensed, and are NOT doing it for money, but rather to better the breed.  The dogs shouldn't be treated as a baby making factory spitting out puppies by the gazillions to make money for the greedy owners.  There is soooo much more that goes along with it rather than just getting your female dog knocked up and selling the puppies.

Don't even get me started on the number of dogs that are killed in animal shelters each year...

Re: Vent: Irresponsible Breeders

• What are they going to do if they don't sell all of the puppies?  Please tell me they will not take them to a shelter.  If it happens without effort it's one thing but to intentionally is pretty shiity especially given the current overcrowding of shelters.

• They planned it all.  It's ridiculous.  I have no idea what they'll do with the puppies if they can't sell them and I can't even think about it...
  • This really bothers me also.  I cannot stand backyard or hobby breeders.  We lucked out with Sookie and found a reputable breeder that does health testing and offers a 1 year health guarantee. 

FTR I'm all for rescue... we tried that route first but there were no puppies available.  We really need a puppy with the cats.

• I was really hoping this post would be about bad parents spotted at Walmart.

I agree though, some people don't consider all the possible ramifications before making decisions that could have very adverse effects on animals.  Very irresponsible. 

• I don't like breeders in general. I would much rather people get dogs from a shelter than pay $$ to breeders