June 2009 Weddings
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

I dunno.

This is regarding a friend, not a close friend, but a friend none the less.

3 months ago, she met a boy. They are not engaged yet, but their wedding date is 9/25/10. She has already picked out the bridesmaid dresses. THEY ARE NOT ENGAGED.

This guy that she met 3 months ago, (we thought), was basically a rebound guy, as she has just come out of a 7 year relationship with a jerk who kept breaking up and getting back together again (so, they were on and off for 7 years, he never met her family).

How would you tell someone you think they are moving too fast? It?s probably none of my business, but it really irks me that she is overly excited.

Both of them still live w/ their parents. Current guy?s longest relationship was 5 months.

Thoughts?

Re: I dunno.

• I would probably say stay out of it...especially since it isn't a close friend.  They'll likely fizzle out before an engagement even happens.  If not, then it's their fault for making the mistake.

The only way I'd say you should jump in would be if she was asking you to be a bridesmaid and/or was telling you to buy the dress asap.

I have a close friend that has made numerous chronic mistakes in relationships, but I've come to realize that nothing I do/say is going to change things, so I just let them happen.

A lot of times jumping into people's personal lives will just cause a strain on friendships.  If I've learned anything, it's that most people need to make their own mistakes to learn anything...

• Ditto what hops said. A thousand times over. But a few passive-aggressive comments aren't out of the realm either. Confused
    image image
    Lucy Elizabeth 10.27.12
  • It is a little fast but I probably wouldn't say anything.  Do you think this guy could potentially be the one for her?  Is she just looking or actually booking things?  If she's just looking I would probably chalk it up to her being excited about the relationship and daydreaming.  Kind of like doodling your first name with his last name in your notebook during class.

• I hadn't really planned on saying anything.

I do think she's in love w/ the idea of the relationship, more so then him.  And I agree that she probably won't listen to anyone. 

• Eh. This sounds like a situation that will work itself out.
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2nqdy12.jpg[/IMG]