Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]knot.com.

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Anyone complete P90X without previously being an athlete?

My husband wants me to order the program, but I noticed everyone on the commercials was once either military, an athlete, etc.

Re: Anyone complete P90X without previously being an athlete?

• I haven't actually done it yet but I'm planning on starting the program this week and I'm not an athlete or military or anything like that. And I'm guessing most of the people on this board aren't either. I know people who are doing it right now who aren't athletes or anything either. So I think you'll be fine to start it unless you're EXTREMELY out of shape.
  • Cool! No, we are pretty average people; not in shape, but not completely immobile either. I may surprise him and order it. Thanks!
  • I'd go for it! But I'd say to look on ebay or craigslist rather than the actual website. You can get them for quite a bit cheaper.
  • Hi -

I've done P90X twice and I'm NOT an athlete, military, or other type of super star.  : )

It is a very challenging program that will push you to your limits.  Its a great program to do with your DH.  DH and I did it together and it was fun to compete with one another - and keep each other motivated.

We do a weekly team check-in on this board for P90X (Tuesday and Fridays).  Check it out to see others who are on the program.

Also - I have pics of my results from Round 1 in my bio.

Good luck.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageB2bFall2005:

Hi -

I've done P90X twice and I'm NOT an athlete, military, or other type of super star.  : )

It is a very challenging program that will push you to your limits.  Its a great program to do with your DH.  DH and I did it together and it was fun to compete with one another - and keep each other motivated.

We do a weekly team check-in on this board for P90X (Tuesday and Fridays).  Check it out to see others who are on the program.

Also - I have pics of my results from Round 1 in my bio.

Good luck.

Wow your results are awesome! Did you follow the diet plan as well? And which program did you do (classic, lean, double)?

• Go for it! DH and I have both found it challenging and fun. There are plenty of modifications given, so you will be fine. The hardest part for us has just been building it into?our schedule. I?have been?getting up at 5am to get it in before?the kids wake up at 6:30. The first few days were tough, but now I love?the early morning workout.
    Caroline (5), Kyle (3), Lucy (01/04/12)

2012 Goal: working towards pre-pregnancy speed!
    04/15 KI Metric Marathon/16.3 m (2:05:55, 7:43 pace)
    05/06 Frederick 13.1 (1:41:09)
    11/04 NYCM
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • LOL, I most certainly do not consider myself an athlete - but I'm about halfway through the Classic program now and have every intention of finishing it!

I will say that I think it's a good idea to be in decent shape before you start, otherwise it either might be too hard for you, OR you'll feel discouraged that you're not able to do things and it'll wind up making you feel bad about yourself - - and that shouldn't be the point!  Exercise should make you feel good :)  There is a "Fitness Test" that the P90X manual mentions at the beginning, which is a good way to gauge if you're ready for the program - - it says you should be able to do x number of push-ups (on your knees is ok), x number of sit-ups, etc.  I could do all that before starting.  

My BIL and SIL, on the other hand, went and ordered the whole shebang after my DH and I started it, thinking they could do it alongside us.  They happen to be morbidly obese, have never worked out a day in their lives or watched what they ate.  Needless to say, it was a disaster.  SIL pulled a muscle within the first 10 minutes of the first DVD, and promptly quit. Her husband lasted maybe 5 more minutes than her before getting winded.

DS born February 5, 2013

Need tips for surviving cat allergies? Check out my bio! :)

• I did NOT follow the diet plan at all - ate what I wanted.  : )

I did Classic.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you all! I had been looking at the program on ebay actually. I think we'd be ok to do it. We aren't athletes, but do move around a lot (chase our kids, go boating, trampoline, etc) so I think it will be very challenging, but worth it.