Colorado Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Food Questions

1. Lunch meat that sat on the counter from 3:30-7:30 needs to go, right?

2. How long are hard boiled eggs good for?

3. What are some good uses for a mixture of ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic, and basil? I am going to make some ravioli, but what else?  

Re: Food Questions

• Not sure on the first two, but baked ziti with the cheese, garlic and basil. Yummy!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1)  toss it

2) 2 weeks??

3) pizza (boboli or pillsbury dough if you don't have your own)

• Toss the lunch meat. Eggs, I'd bet the texture goes way before any risk to your health.

[IMG]http://charliesweblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/dsc_9813-copy.jpg?w=452&h=800[/IMG]
  • 1. I would definitely toss it.  DH would eat it.

2. I'd say 3-5 days.  But I'm a little squeamish about left overs in general so it could be longer.

3. Any kind of baked pasta including ravioli, baked ziti, stuffed shells.  Also how about spreading the mixture on crostini, topping with jarred roasted red peppers (the kind in water, not oil), and broiling till lightly browned and bubbly?  That would be a riff on one of my all time favorite appetizers.  Heck, I'd eat that for dinner with salad and wine! 

• 1. lunch meat - no.  2. hb eggs - 7-10 days in my experience (and I eat a lot of them). 3. hot spinach dip.
    image Follow Me on Pinterest