Health & Fitness
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

Arm strength training with a bad wrist?

One of my wrists has bothered me off and on for years, but after having two kids back-to-back and carrying them around for nearly 3 years straight, my wrist is in no condition to lift weights.

I tried a machine at the gym today and found it too stressful for my wrist.

I'm looking to work my biceps (the delt machine doesn't bother me).  Can anyone suggest a wrist friendly strength training exercise?

Thanks!

Re: Arm strength training with a bad wrist?

• Have you tried a wrist brace? You can get them at walgreens or similar  type places. What is wrong with your wrist exactly?
  • IIOY - a suggestion I have is to do push ups with hand weights. So instead of having your hands flat on the ground and wrists bent, your wrists are straight. you could also do push ups off your knuckles.

I also suggest free weights while wearing a wrist brace / guard. 

You could also try talking to a personal trainer and getting some exercises. The gym should have someone available. It'll cost you but for an hour it's not so bad and will probably be worth it.

Slainte!
    my read shelf:
    Jenni (jenniloveselvis)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)