Military Nesties
Dear Community,

Our tech team has launched updates to The Nest today. As a result of these updates, members of the Nest Community will need to change their password in order to continue participating in the community. In addition, The Nest community member's avatars will be replaced with generic default avatars. If you wish to revert to your original avatar, you will need to re-upload it via The Nest.

If you have questions about this, please email [email protected]

Thank you.

Note: This only affects The Nest's community members and will not affect members on The Bump or The Knot.

there is no such thing...

2»

Re: there is no such thing...

• image ARMYmarriedNAVY:
    image Leah_Lou:

image ARMYmarriedNAVY:
    Educate me... what is an "EB"???

English Bulldog.

Awe... smoogy boogy! I love those wrinkly mutts!

lol T turns into a pile of goo when he sees one. It's hysterical. 

• image MellsBells:
    image ARMYmarriedNAVY:

Bite me.. I bought a pure-bred papered yellow lab.

BUT... in the future I will buy a shelter doggie woggie!

There...

APRIL09100.jpg picture by jinger1979 Big dumb yellow dog purchased from my best friends daddy.

I don't think any of us are without pet-ownership mistakes! My family always had outside dogs growing up, and until the last year or so, I didn't think anything of it. Lurking and participating on the pets board has been the best thing ever for us and our furkids!

I guess I don't feel bad about Sampson because I'd known the breeder for 13+ years and in that time he only had 3 litters of pups (including sampson's). He only sold them for cost (shots, food... etc). It worked out beautifully because about 6 months after his last group of pups were born we lost him. Mr. R sold his daughter, myself and our bestfriend from H.S. a puppy. He made sure we each had the food and a kennel that we needed. He passed away shortly after... now we each have a part of his heart running around everyday.

He loved each and every dog and kept in touch with the owners. He was a hunting master and trained dogs and owners. Sampson is an amazing dog - - I would never take back my choice.  Especially with small children.

Once the kids are older -- I will be more comfortable with a shelter dog. I applaud all of you for being rescue furparents. One day (10 years from now) I will join the ranks. My sisters and mom are all shelter dog owners... I promise promise it is in my future.